Director, Cloud Engineering and Developer Experience at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
- Lead, mentor, and coach a team of technical Managers, Analysts, and Engineers over cloud infrastructure and developers' experience solutions. Promote career development and manage the performance of the team.
- Define the Infrastructure and Operations strategy and 3-year roadmap ensuring programs are defined and executed
- Set Azure architectural standard for our environment moving forward, design automation for Azure infrastructure (Infrastructure as Code), work closely with our technology partners to design best in class Azure system implementations, ensure adherence to our SOC2 compliance.
- Creating a high degree of satisfaction and efficiency in the developer experience by ensuring that levels of automation, innovation, training, and feedback are serving the stated and unstated concerns and needs of our software engineering teams.
- Tier 1, 2, and 3 support for company-wide applications, infrastructure systems, and services. Including but not limited to windows servers, WAF Analytics tools (Tableau, SAS, Power BI), Azure AD, SFTP, WVD, faxing, and file server/storage.
- Own Identity and Access Management – Identity services including provisioning, de-provisioning and access control services
- Oversee and manage production systems including backups, performance tuning, fault resolution, capacity planning, & root cause analysis across multiple sites, platforms & operating systems. Coordinate & execute after-hours maintenance activities.
- Partner with security and application teams to ensure infrastructure is secure and meets the business needs.
- Define SLAs for infrastructure and operations and ensure adherence to defined metrics.
- Ensure disaster recovery plans are in place, updated as needed due to business, environmental or regulatory changes and are exercised as defined.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or equivalent experience required
- Advanced degree highly desirable
- Seven (7)+ years of experience as a Director
- Three (3) or more years of experience managing a team of Cloud Systems Engineers and Software Engineers required
- 15+ years of relevant industry experience supporting multiple locations, heterogeneous environments (Windows, Linux, iOS, etc.), etc.
- Five (5) years experience supporting custom software development, including experience in driving SDLC and CI/CD efficiencies.
- Five (5) years experience with Azure or Azure Solutions Architect Certification required
- Five (5) years experience with Windows Server management and support required
- Good understanding of ARM Templates and/or Terraform
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and manage technical projects, including identification of project scope, requirements, deliverables, and coordination of project design and implementation activities
- Prior experience evaluating and implementing “Best in Class” enterprise-wide security solutions
- Prior experience leading an Infrastructure team in a SOX and/or SOC 2 regulated company
- Direct experience improving and scaling an operations team leveraging ITSM and ITIL practices.
- Advanced skills and knowledge in building cloud platforms, leveraging public cloud and container ecosystems
- Excellent proficiency in a variety of platforms including databases, machine learning, modern runtimes, cloud-native architectures and paradigms, continuous build, testing, and deployment platforms
- Knowledge of networking, compute, storage, IaaS, PaaS solutions, cloud operations, system administration, service desk.
- Project Management (PMP), Governance & Service Management (ITIL, COBIT), Enterprise Architecture (TOGAF), MCSE, or VCP certifications a plus (MCSE/VCP/VCAP/CCNA/CCNP, etc.)
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.