Director DevOps at EverlyWell
Everlywell is a consumer-initiated at-home laboratory testing company with easy-to-read and actionable results. We are at the forefront of personalized health, transforming the $25B lab testing industry. Everlywell is growing rapidly and we are looking for exceptional talent to join our team. We move at a fast pace to solve problems quickly so that our customers have a rewarding experience. If this sounds like your type of environment, we are eager to speak to you!
You will help design, build and manage secure infrastructure to scale with the company and support the product and engineering team to reduce the time to value. You will be tasked to build and manage our infrastructure with attention to detail and security in mind. You will keep a pulse on the trends in the industry, and evaluate new technologies to solve problems that make our teams better. You will help promote the culture of a fast moving company following an agile framework.
We are in high growth, startup mode and need someone who is willing to get their hands dirty. If you are passionate about solving technological problems and looking for an opportunity to learn, build, optimize, and grow, Everlywell is the place for you.
What You'll Do:
- Improve the developers experience using containerized technologies - Docker, Kubernetes, ECS
- Design and provision highly available infrastructure in the cloud using principles like Infrastructure as Code, PoLP, Immutability
- Automate repetitive infrastructure tasks using automation tools like scripting, lambda, pipelines
- Support and help maintain a service-oriented architecture
- Ensure secure best practices are followed using Continuous compliance techniques
- Continuously improve our CI/CD pipelines for the engineering team
- Recognize bottlenecks and automate processes to increase velocity
- Measure and monitor key metrics (like MTBF, MTTR) of our infrastructure and applications and remediate when anomalies occur
- Participate in a very reasonable on call rotation
What You've Done:
- Bachelor’s in CS, Engineering or 3+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years experience in Kubernetes (or similar orchestration platforms) in Production
- 3+ years experience in AWS - VPC, ECS, EKS, RDS, Lambda
- 3+ years experience with pipelines and automation servers e.g Jenkins, gitlab
- 1+ years experience with Infrastructure as code e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, CDK
- 2+ years linux administration skills
- Experience with microservices is a plus
- Scripting with languages like Bash, Go, Python, Ruby
- Programming experience is a plus
Who You Are:
- Thrives while leading in a fast paced, regularly changing environment. You turn chaos into order. People look to you for guidance in times of turmoil.
- Is most comfortable when there’s too much to do. You aren’t easily overwhelmed and you prioritize tasks naturally. You’re not afraid to focus on one thing at a time when it’s needed.
- Has high dynamic range. You are able to see the big picture but comfortable diving deep into the details. You’re not above rolling up your sleeves and doing the grunt work.
- Loves great products. You are excited by thoughtful design and you appreciate attention to detail and fine craft.
- Shows confidence AND humility. You’re able to make fast decisions with the wisdom to change course as soon as it’s needed.
- Is able to collaborate with a diverse group of individuals without drama. You naturally communicate context and you demonstrate strong reasoning behind decisions.
You'll Love Working Here:
- Venture backed by top-tier firms
- The opportunity ahead knows no bounds
- Open vacation policy
- Employee discounts
- Paid parental leave
- Health benefits
** Please note: We are considering remote, US based candidates for this role with preference given to candidates who will consider relocation to Austin when we return to a in-office working arrangement.
NO EXTERNAL RECRUITERS - INDIVIDUAL APPLICANTS ONLY
MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S. WE CANNOT SPONSOR.
Everlywell is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
HIPAA Disclaimer: This role will be in an environment that has access to protected health information (PHI) and all security standards to protect PHI must be followed.