Movoto Real Estate is the fastest growing top 5 residential real estate site used by 650,000 daily users looking to buy or sell their home. We are seeking a Director of DevOps, who has a passion for technology to help us add new exciting features to our extremely successful real estate platform. As a Director of DevOps at Movoto, you will be a key player in helping us lead our IT Operations initiatives focused on improving end-to-end system performance, scalability, reliability while managing costs to support our consumer website.
The OJO Talent Acquisition team is on the search for a Director of DevOps for our residential search site, Movoto. Movoto + OJO brings scale, opportunities to solve unique problems, and the ability to drive significant outcomes for the organization. Thank you for your interest!
What you'll do:
- Work with your fellow engineers to define deployment, configuration and monitoring requirements
- Provide technical leadership to a team of engineers located globally
- Plan, build, configure, and optimize private and public cloud infrastructure for high performance, scalable and reliable consumer website
- Lead root cause analysis and collaborate with Engineering to build instrumentation into our stack to understand real-time performance characteristics
- Lead troubleshooting efforts with production/non-production systems
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call team rotation
- Collaborate with the Product Management team to understand performance and availability requirements
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering
- 2+ years of technical leadership experience
- Expertise in architecting, designing, troubleshooting and improving highly scalable and high-performing large web sites (> 10 million visitors per month)
- Ability to lead teams and do technical deep dives into infrastructure to deliver highly available services
- Demonstrated expertise in Cloud Computing services (e.g., Amazon AWS, and Docker)
- Knowledgeable in managing MySQL, MongoDB, Kafka, Elastic Search, and Memcache
- Ability to install, configure and maintain Linux hosts and popular open-source applications such as Nginx, Apache HTTPd, Apache Tomcat, and Postfix
- Prior experience using datacenter automation tools such as OpenStack, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, ELK, and Zabbix.
- Experience in automating system administration tasks with scripting tools such as Python or shell is preferred
- Proficient in analyzing and troubleshooting operating system, networking, configuration and performance problems
- Fundamental understanding of Internet networking protocols: TCP/IP, TLS, DNS, HTTP, SMTP
- Clear communication with both technical and non-technical staff
What does Movoto have to offer?
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 100%/75% premium coverage for employees/dependents
- Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance, AD&D and Disability, FSA and Commuter Benefits
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Competitive Salaries
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Engagement Events
- PetPlan (10-15% off premiums)PerkSpot – exclusive corporate discounts
- Rocket Lawyer Legal Benefits and more!
Movoto Real Estate was founded on a simple principle: Real estate should be easy.
This foundational idea continues to drive our mission every day, building cutting edge, optimized technology tools and connecting talented, customer-focused agents with motivated buyers and sellers. Today, we are the fastest-growing top five residential real estate site in the United States with nearly 26 million monthly visits. But we are more than a real estate brokerage and research site—we’re a technology company that is bringing real estate into the future with our end-to-end suite of proprietary tools for buyers, sellers, and agents.
In 2020, Movoto was acquired by OJO Labs, a leader in personalized, AI-enabled real estate tools. Combining OJO and Movoto’s deep commitment to creating end-to-end home-buying solutions, we continue to strive to become the most trusted real estate company in North America. Our real estate technology platform comprises the latest data-driven AI technology, client communication tools, marketing and transaction support, a real team of dedicated transaction coordinators, and an agent earnings structure that ensures our agents are successful and can focus on serving their clients.
Movoto is not only committed to making real estate accessible to a diverse community through technology, we strive to increase representation—across all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, sexual orientations, and physical or mental abilities—in our teams. We continue to promote an inclusive work environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work.
Together with OJO and our growing team, we have renewed our dedication to the mission that started it all: making real estate easy in this rapidly changing world.