Dealerware is modern fleet management for the modern retailer. We are proud to be one of the hottest software companies in the automotive sector. By combining a modern-approach with fresh design thinking, Dealerware’s industry-leading SaaS platform enables best-in-class fleet management and mobility for top automotive dealerships and manufacturers. Three years ago, we burst onto the scene with a promise to reduce costs and elevate the customer experience at automotive dealerships.
Dealerware currently manages fleets for 28 automotive brands and 10 of the top 10 dealer groups in the country. With a recent expansion into international markets, our growth trajectory continues to be within the top 1% of SaaS businesses. Across the automotive ecosystem, there’s hundreds of billions of dollars at stake. And we’re right in the swell of it.
This Engineering Director reports to the Executive Vice President of Product and Engineering and is responsible for Dealerware's software applications and infrastructure. You will be contributing to the creation of platform strategies and implementing the supporting solutions, managing, and developing talent to support that direction, and creating alignment between internal business stakeholders and the engineering organization to prioritize and deliver business outcomes.
As the Director, Application Software, you will:
· Serve as a "Change Agent” who brings a sense of urgency and can mobilize resources and execute initiatives on time
· Develop a strong partnership with product, sales, and the operations team and ensure that the technology infrastructure meets our growing business needs
· Effectively plan and track multiple large and/or complex projects and communicate status to management and project teams. Identify problem areas and alternative solutions.
· Listen, learn, adapt, share, and advance ideas that support the vision of a world-class infrastructure
· Manage the budget and costs for the organization, including public cloud resources and supporting tools and frameworks, vendor relationships, and build v buy analysis
· Create an environment that empowers and energizes team members, with a focus on accountability, adaptability, and collaboration
· Identify and resolve gaps in skills and capabilities through a combination of hiring and training
What you bring to the team:
· 12+ years software engineering experience with an emphasis on web application development and infrastructure in a B2B SaaS environment
· 5+ years technical leadership (overseeing 20-40+ people)
· Ability to deliver best-in-class products to users
· Experience designing, building and deploying scalable SaaS platforms
· In-depth knowledge of engineering operations and hands-on experience implementing and utilizing actionable engineering metrics and KPIs to improve operational efficiency
· Proficient with the entire SDLC, including successful product launches, as well as subsequent iterations of existing products and turndowns
· Hands on experience with process and workflow principles and practices, such as agile, lean, continuous improvement and continuous delivery
· Demonstrated track record of successfully hiring, managing, coaching and retaining engineering managers and senior ICs
· Experience dealing with competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Dealerware offers you:
· Competitive base salary with bonus incentive eligibility
· Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401K) + FREE telehealth (includes therapy visits)
· Training for all employees provided in Udemy
· Tuition Reimbursement and continuing education
· Unlimited paid vacation policy
· 100% remote work (during COVID). Hybrid model anticipated post-COVID (can be largely remote)
· Modern office and a dynamic team in downtown Austin with free parking
· Friendly, small company environment with a progressive culture and somewhat flexible hours
· Backed by Audi, a 111-year-old automotive industry leader
· Semi-flat organizational structure that ensures your influence on products we build
· Discounts on Silvercar rentals and participation in an Audi Lease Program
Dealerware is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Dealerware's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Read Full Job Description