We are looking for a Director of Engineering to join us and lead our Core Mobile & Web software teams. RetailMeNot helps millions of monthly visitors save money and discover phenomenal deals at their favorite retailers. As the Director of Engineering, you’ll lead execution of teams that are building and operating customer obsessed, innovating experiences that enables consumers to save on everyday purchases.
Our teams work on initiatives that enable us to provide users relevant content at the right place, right time, and right price. We build features that deliver frictionless experiences in discovery and redemption of savings while at home or in the store. We build solutions to handle complex challenges in real-time, using distributed systems. We constantly add new ways to provide more content and incremental value for our users and merchants. Some of the technologies that we use today include GraphQL, Java, React, Android, iOS, Kubernetes, Docker, and AWS.
In your role, you will lead several teams of full stack and UI software engineers, quality engineers and engineering managers to deliver business results and technology innovation. You will work with product managers and engineering principals to define longterm vision and objectives for the teams you lead. You will own key deliverables to grow our audience, business and customer satisfaction. I will obsess with savings, and be an advocate for our customers and making an impact on their daily life.
Who You Are
- You are a leader of leaders, and have experience managing multiple technical teams that deliver user-facing features while making business impact.
- You're passionate about building and mentoring high performing engineering teams.You're a leader who cares about your team members and invests in their growth.
- You have used agile methodologies to plan and deliver increments of functionality.
- You love the idea of using technology and data to power unrivaled user experience.
- You are result oriented and have a creative mindset to push beyond the boundaries.
- You have keen instincts for analytical analysis, technical discernment and risk assessment.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, 2+ years as a software engineer and 5+ years experience in engineering leadership.
- You have phenomenal communication and teamwork skills. You are able to establish cross-functional relationships across organizations. You are able to explain complexity with simple terms.
What You'll Do
- Inspire, lead, and develop teams of software engineers who are building innovative solutions that will improve how consumers save money when shopping
- Hire and mentor managers and individuals and guide them to achieve their career goals
- Define organizational OKRs with Product and other partners and goals for the engineering teams
- Implement reliable and efficient processes to accelerate development and improve quality
- Guide the technical direction and scaling efforts
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
Who We Are
- We care deeply about our customers, and are passionate about saving them money.
- We take risks, knowing that not all will succeed. We reward calculated risk taking, knowing that we will fail and learn. We fail fast.
- We have an open environment where engineers are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact.
- We have lots of smart people to work with and learn from.
- We work on large scale challenges with a variety of cutting-edge technologies.
- We have a great open vacation policy.
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food.
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you enjoy.
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading digital savings destination connecting consumers with retailers, restaurants and brands, both online and in-store. The company enables consumers across the globe to find hundreds of thousands of digital offers to save money while they shop or dine out.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.