We are looking for a Director of Engineering to join us leading our Mobile App teams. Mobile is the largest and fastest growing channel within RetailMeNot and we help over 40 million monthly visitors save money and discover phenomenal deals at their favorite retailers.
The mobile engineering team is responsible for creating the best shopping experience for customers wherever they go on their favorite Android and iOS devices. Our scale is millions of users and billions of dollars in savings delivered every year. We are passionate about building scalable, well-designed software and are constantly improving our technical foundation and customer experience.
We love to work with smart people who have a strong sense of ownership and a strong engineering mindset. In your role, you are a technical leader for your team and a phenomenal people manager. You will work with product managers to define the longterm vision and objectives for the teams you lead. You provide mobile perspective and context for technology choices. You’re up to the challenge of mobile network limitations, device fragmentation, and building an end-to-end platform and user experience. You motivate your team to pursue ambiguous situations by rapidly producing and testing prototypes. You outline paths from prototype to product and passionately advocate for the customer and strive to deliver a more personalized App experience. You shun complexity in favor of simplicity. You are deeply invested in each colleague's career growth, improving their technical knowledge, and defining your team's operational metrics.
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- You have 5+ years experience in engineering leadership
- You have experience building and delivering multiple versions of a customer leading mobile app with millions of users
- You are continually "looking around the corner" for the benefit of our customers and investing wholeheartedly in building amazing mobile experiences
- You propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the mobile teams for development
- You're passionate about building and mentoring high performing engineering teams
- You deep-dive into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed
- You have experience in Agile software delivery
What You'll Do
- Inspire, lead, and develop teams of mobile software engineers who are building innovative apps that will improve how consumers save money when shopping
- Mentor managers and individuals and guide them to achieve their career goals
- Define organizational OKRs with Product and other partners and goals for the engineering team
- Implement reliable and efficient processes to accelerate development and improve quality
- Guide the technical direction and scaling efforts for new and existing app features
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
Who We Are
- We have an open environment where engineers are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of smart people to work with and learn from
- We work on large scale challenges with a variety of technologies
- We have a great open vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you enjoy
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading digital savings destination connecting consumers with retailers, restaurants and brands, both online and in-store. The company enables consumers across the globe to find hundreds of thousands of digital offers to save money while they shop or dine out.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.