What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for an Director of Engineering to join us on our journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
We are building financial management software used by some of the largest construction firms to manage their contracts, change management, budgeting, forecasting, invoicing, and payment. As our team, product, and transaction volume have grown considerably; we are looking for a Director of Engineering who can help us continue to scale.
This position is based in our Austin, TX offices located at the heart of downtown. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Own the overall architecture of the application and drive improvements to performance, reportability, maintainability, resilience, and security
- Build, manage, and lead a large group of several Engineering teams, focusing on long-term organizational scalability
- Be a subject matter expert on construction job costing and accounting, and the technology behind those systems
- Empower multiple product teams to achieve successful product launches and sprints
- Work with team leads and the Directors of Product to understand product direction and guide engineering teams toward decisions that support long-term goals as they add new features
- Educate teams on the concepts, architectures, and technologies used in financial systems as well as communicate technical and non-technical subject matter across the entire organization
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of experience managing web application development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- A demonstrated track record of hiring and managing multiple Agile teams in a way that benefits the business, customers, and employees in a highly collaborative environment
- Software Engineering background with a history of successful major product launches
- Ability to interact directly with customers, business interests, investors, and engineers alike
- Ability to deal with and execute under ambiguity
- Significant experience designing and building non-trivial financial products at scale
- Advanced knowledge of a modern web framework such as Ruby on Rails, Scala Play, etc. and software delivered as SaaS/cloud
- Knowledge of modern analytics and monitoring and the ability to derive actionable decisions from them
- Experience leading or holding significant responsibility for the design and implementation of cloud-based corporate or personal finance, payment, accounting, or similar software handling large monetary volumes a plus
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.