Director of Engineering
As AlertMedia’s Director of Engineering, you will manage our existing software development team through all aspects of career growth and mentoring, while still working alongside the team and contributing. You will help bring on new talent, drive process and architecture, and work closely with the Product and Customer Success teams in support of the business. You will report directly to our CTO in Austin, TX.
Who you are:
You’re excited about growing a business and solving interesting technical puzzles. You’re a team player, have strong organizational skills, knowledge of a full breadth of technologies, and hands-on experience with highly scalable SaaS systems. You have been a part of growing large teams and are passionate about scaling all things, from software to process to culture.
Who we are:
AlertMedia has disrupted the mass notification industry and become its technology leader, now serving some of the largest and most respected companies in the world. Our emergency communication software and monitoring services enable organizations to keep their people safe, informed, and connected. Customers in telecom, healthcare, transportation, energy, manufacturing, government and education are using the AlertMedia platform for emergency communication, regular business communication, and operational activities such as scheduling, dispatching, and other logistics.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Help developers grow their skills and experience
- Hands-on coding with the Engineering team
- Generate and implement process improvements
- Deliver secure, scalable, mission-critical enterprise-class solutions
- Provide and present status, analysis and reporting to internal stakeholders, executive management and Senior Leadership.
- Collaborating with Product team to establish and deliver the product roadmap
- 5 years or more experience in a software engineering role
- 3 years or more experience in a management role with current technical experience
- Experience working with a highly-scalable SaaS system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational planning and development, business judgment, and technical leadership
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Stock options - Be a shareholder in the company
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 3 years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.