Director of Engineering at realtor.com
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:58 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, March 17, 2020
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 70 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
What you’ll do here can literally change lives. You’ll work with some of the brightest minds in tech, make lots of new friends (that also happen to be co-workers), and help people make informed decisions about one of the most meaningful things in their lives, their home.
We’ve got locations in Canada and the US, including great new digs in Austin TX, and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Lead multiples team in building beautiful products that deliver exceptional customer experiences for a robust and growing platform.
- Creates an organization that understands how to balance priorities between product deliverable and a healthy technology platform
- Cultivate a culture of strong technical ownership
- Support technical innovation and lead continuous improvement of our development standards in order to ensure that our technology can be leveraged as a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Build strong cross functional relationship across the technology organization and other areas of the company
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that grows [Realtor.com](http://realtor.com)’s values and continue to develop Realtor.com as a great place to work
- Provide leadership to software engineering managers, address technical, resource and personnel issues.
- Responsible for hiring plan, performance assessment and career development for multiple areas of the engineering organization.
- Sells Realtor.com Engineering to potential candidates. Inspires potential recruits to join the company.
- Manage vendor and external relationships for their organization, and participate in the budgeting process
- Strong leadership skills and experience hiring and motivating high-performing engineering teams
- 5+ years experience managing engineering teams that shipped web/mobile applications
- Experience balancing teamwork between cross functional strategic projects
- Strong software engineering instincts: meaningful and deeply rooted opinions
about sound quality/speed trade-offs, code quality, and testing
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical teams/roles
- A driven and data-informed product development approach
- B.S. Computer Science, related field, or equivalent professional experience
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
Read Full Job Description