Director, Experimentation at realtor.com
At realtor.com, we process terabytes of data everyday and transform that data into information that powers decisions for millions of home buyers, renters, dreamers, and real estate professionals. We aim to radically simplify home buying/selling and help more people achieve the American dream on our realtor.com website and mobile apps.
What will you do?
We seek a highly seasoned Experimentation, Testing, and Data Science leader to take our Experimentation team and help take it to the next level. Your scope and impact will be enormous given our experimentation culture and the expanding and complex business and product needs of a growing successful company. Given the scope and impact, this role requires an experienced leader who brings passion, the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, drive internal workstreams and the ability to hire, sustain and build a top-class team. This role will touch nearly all parts of the organization and be an essential thought leader within the Data Science Leadership Team.
- You will create the strategy for building and owning a self-service, enterprise-scale experimentation platform.
- You will foster a culture of collaboration and experimentation with product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams.
- You will bring your expertise in building and operating high scale systems with a focus on reliability and quality of analyzed data.
- You will create a well run, successful team via coaching, mentoring and providing technical and career guidance, including building, sustaining, and growing a diverse team to address the growing needs of the organization.
- Work with colleagues across product, marketing, and media sales to evangelize experimentation and identify experiments that will help us achieve business objectives
- Create instrumentation to Identify, monitor, and analyze internal and external performance parameters in order to identify new hypotheses and optimization opportunities
- Ensure developers and product managers are always fully aware of the full pipeline of approved hypotheses
- Align A/B testing roadmap with key partners throughout the organization to ensure alignment with product roadmaps
- Lead the metric selection up front and data storytelling, insights, recommendations and action steps for test results, as well as seeing insights through to their application to the broader organization
- Develop a culture of “Orchestration” to enable rapid prototyping, iteration, and a “fail-forward” mindset for new feature development
- Identify potential test conflicts and works with other teams to mitigate impacts
- Liaise with vendors to stay abreast of current/upcoming features that may improve results
- Stay abreast of industry trends and make recommendations for improving process and testing strategies
- Work with a sense of ownership and urgency, and advocate for experimentation based, agile culture
What will you bring?
- BS or MS in mathematics, economics, computer science, or related technical field
- 10+ years of industry experience
- You have at least 3 years experience in a data analytics management role.
- Experience building or using A/B testing infrastructure.
- Prior experience in Systems Engineering - you've built meaningful pieces of infrastructure in a cloud computing environment. Bonus if those were data processing systems or distributed systems
- Working experience with relational databases (SQL) and large scale distributed systems
- Experience evolving and communicating a strong vision/roadmap for your team
- Familiarity with AB testing, statistical data processing & analyzing tools
- Familiarity with a cloud based environment such as AWS
- Strong creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and product sense. Should be able to think about metrics critically
This role can be conducted from any of our offices in New York, NY, Santa Clara, CA, Vancouver, BC, Austin, TX, or Morgantown, WV.
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 70 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.