Director, Global Quality Engineering
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's build on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
You will be an active member of an innovative and passionate team developing features and key extensions to a growing SaaS product platform for the market leader in Identity Security. There is a wide variety of work including API development, identity protocol implementation, authentication systems, security vulnerability mitigation, and performance optimizations at a large scale.
We seek a Global Quality Engineering Director who will help lead quality practices across multiple sites, countries, and cultures. We require a passionate leader who flourishes in a fast-moving, agile environment, has superb communications skills, an outstanding ability to coach quality practices, drive quality automation, and take the customer perspective for end to end quality.
As a Global Quality Engineering Director in our Identity as a Service product group, you will serve as the focal point between all regions and drive cross team quality practices as well as leading your own team of talented Quality Engineers. You will work with Leaders across multiple product development groups within Ping to meet delivery schedules and the high expectations of our customers.
- Innovative, dynamic and fast-paced
- Continuous improvement and quality focused
- Focused on customer success
- Lead building of a world class cloud quality engineering team
- Drive automation best practices and consistency through the team
- Drive change and transformation in people, processes, and tools
- Understand and codify customer use cases end to end in our cloud microservice architecture
- Help drive programs for continuous improvement in delivery and quality
- Participate in executive strategy and planning sessions
- Demonstrable experience in building quality engineering teams across multiple sites
- Superior written and verbal communication skills to all levels in the organization
- Understanding of quality automation frameworks and tools
- Solid understanding of AWS technologies and CI/CD pipelines
- Proven track record of hiring outstanding talent
- Demonstrable understanding of Performance and Scalability testing
- Strong understanding of Agile development and planning processes
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Motivational Quality Leader capable of establishing a vision for the quality engineering team
- Engineering leader capable of driving change both in quality team as well as leading across the organization
- Experience and knowledge of Web application security protocols (OAuth2, OIDC, SAML).
- Experience with identity management solutions (Active Directory, LDAP, SCIM, etc.)
- Familiarity with privacy and security legislation and regulations such as GDPR
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required; a Bachelor of Engineering or Computer Science is preferred.
- Minimum of five years of Quality Engineering leadership experience
- Equivalent industry experience of 5 or more years is highly desirable.