Director of Information Security
In this role, your essential functions will be to:
- Identify, specify, and implement security technologies, policies and procedures at the network and software development levels.
- Introduce the planning, delivery and execution of information security operations and intelligence solutions to ultimately reduce risk for the company.
- Own the visibility, detection, response, and information threat intelligence capabilities across the enterprise.
- Develop and report performance metrics that demonstrate business impact and risk reduction.
- Proactively evaluate, identify, and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, technical and efficiency goals.
- Evaluate compliance with legal, regulatory, operational and IT policies and procedures, as well as actively drive issues and risks to closure.
- Research and establish technical security standards, processes, and workflows that ensure quality and operational effectiveness.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively such that expectations are set and all impacted and involved parties are aware and in alignment.
- Identify, prioritize, and communicate gaps within the control infrastructure and make proposals on how to mitigate through technology and/or process enhancements.
- Attend seminars or conferences to acquire and utilize the latest changes in requirements, laws & regulations, compliance standards, and technology.
In this role, you will also:
- Identify and pursue appropriate security certifications.
- Provide leadership, training, accountability and guidance to employees across the business.
- Implement education programs on user awareness and security compliance.
- Ensure policies, procedures and protocols are being executed.
- Present to the executive leadership team and Board of Directors on needs, plans and issues.
- Engage with stakeholders to ensure that business needs are understood and met, as well as develop sustainable remediation plans to compliance issues and control gaps.
- Report directly to the Chief Information Officer.
The ideal candidate is/has:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years of relative experience preferred OR Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 5 years of relative experience.
- CISSP, CISM, CISA or similar professional certification.
- Security Engineering background or experience.
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management (IAM), Threat Hunting, SOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation, & Response), Offensive Security and/or Network/infrastructure Security.
- Hands-on experience with security solutions (e.g. IPS, IDS, Vulnerability Scanning, etc.) or services (e.g. penetration testing, deception technology, software security testing, etc.).
- Project management and large project execution experience.
- Collaborate alongside business leaders to achieve shared goals.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual!
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive.
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!