Director Quality Assurance
We need an experienced QA leader with extensive knowledge of quality assurance to help us continue to improve our software development processes and team. You will manage all software development tasks associated with developing, debugging, and designing software applications according to provided requirements and customer input. You will help our team build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision future improvements to the testing frameworks. You will define, own and drive the quality and process strategy for our expansive social platform while leading a team interacting with other departments to ensure the quality of our product and refining our processes. If you’re eager to work on large-scale, consumer-facing web applications that support many users, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly-growing team.
At Lithium you will lead the quality engineering team at the Austin office working hand in hand with the engineering teams at our San Francisco and Bangalore offices. Your team will be composed primarily of quality engineers embedded in scrum teams.
- Recruit, mentor, and lead a technical team as you define, develop, and implement quality, testing and development best practices and strategies.
- Guides and participates in the testing process to ensure smooth production deploys
- Be accountable for the transparency of the teams you support.
- Partner with other teams to increase productivity.
- Act as an advocate for quality throughout the company.
- Participating in the full cadence-based product engineering lifecycle from planning through release and support; ensuring quality throughout
- Utilize your comprehensive knowledge of standards, related disciplines, company strategy and goals to ensure the highest quality product delivery.
- Drives the maturity and standardization across the technology organization in the areas of QA process, communication, defect prevention, automation and overall effectiveness in supporting the development lifecycle
- Partners with product management, development and program management to ensure that all testing activities occur in a timely fashion and to the level of quality demanded by the business requirements
- Oversee a comprehensive QA program that addresses all aspects of testing (unit, integration, regression, usability, system, stress/load, deployment, etc.)
- 10+ years of QA experience, 5+ years in a management role within a SaaS environment
- Proven track record managing QA for a high-quality, Enterprise SaaS product.
- Expertise in automation and test framework development
- Experience testing at the UI and API-level.
- Experience in communicating with users and project managers to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical requirements.
- Able to effectively motivate team members to set and achieve the corporate and individual goals
- Ability to effectively communicate goals, schedule, status, issues and risks to multiple levels both internal and external to the organization