Director, Quality Engineering at Q2
Do you want to be part of the team that's busy building out the rails of a platform that will change how banking solutions are built and delivered?
Do you want to be part of the embedded finance revolution?
We at Q2-BaaS are busy building the next generation Banking as a Service technology platform that scales to support the company's rapid growth. And we need superstars like you.
Q2 is seeking a Director of Quality Engineering, a leader that enables the team to drive innovation and removes barriers that prevent the team from being its best. You will be responsible for setting up our Quality Engineering practice with the goal of ensuring that the products we put in front of customers are world-class and free of problems. You will develop the strategy and roadmap for the development and implementation of an outstanding suite of Quality engineering solutions that are used across BaaS organization.
As part of our Product & Engineering group; you will be working with business leaders, product management, and the development team to develop product visions and roadmaps to ensure we are constantly improving our products while reducing support and infrastructure cost. The role is a part of a high-performing team in a fast-paced fintech organization on the edge of a technical breakout. Our ideal candidate is someone with strong leadership skills that will energize and inspire our teams to deliver high-quality products in a timely manner.
- Provide technical leadership and vision, mentoring, coaching, career development, and feedback for performance management to the Quality Engineering team
- Build a high-performing Quality Engineering practice from the ground up. Attract & grow superstar talent while setting up the foundations necessary for the massive scale that we are aiming for.
- Build and drive the vision and mission for the Quality Engineering organization. You will have a solid understanding of your collaborators' business requirements for quality and develop a strategy and roadmap for delivery.
- · Define and execute a QE strategy based on our development roadmap, operational challenges, and vision for the QE team.
- Ensure quality is built-in for the entire execution pipeline starting from Requirement gathering till it gets in the hand of the end-customer.
- Leading Software Engineer in Test and Quality Experts that will ensure that automated tests and other quality practices in their respective scrum teams in a cloud environment are performed.
- · Raise awareness and build a strong quality mindset within the product development organization and within the team.
- Manage and execute against delivery commitments and adoption of automation, quality, and continuous delivery
- · Building Quality for our Technology organization with a strong emphasis on embedding quality throughout the development lifecycle and will have clear processes for reviewing quality defects, overall test case coverage, performance KPI’s and metrics and will use this data to hold teams accountable for the continuous improvement of quality within each of their products.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 12 + years of working experience in a senior development engineering department with 5+ years of people management responsibilities with a focus on Quality Engineering.
- Experience leading & executing Quality strategy initiatives is required
- Ideally, you have been a manager of managers.
- Diverse and deep experience in Quality Engineering support of full-stack applications and highly distributed systems with massive transaction volumes.
- Practical experience in software development and Agile methodologies(specifically SCRUM).
- Prior experience in CI/CD systems and automated test development is highly desired.
- Keen to work based on facts, statistics, and KPIs
- can-do and keep-the-promise attitude, result driven and able to effectively build relationships
- Passion for engineering excellence, quality and customer success
- Prior Financial/Fintech industry is a plus.
- Prior experience with Core-banking is a plus.
- Prior experience in massively scalable payment/transactional platforms is highly desired.
- Prior experience in cloud(Azur/AWS) based systems is highly desired
- Customer and business focus, and demonstrated skills tied to leadership, people, communication, analytics, and adaptability
- Ability to retain composure under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands, communicate effectively with a wide array of individuals
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution and customer service skills
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.