Are you passionate about modern programming languages, design patterns and scalable architectures? You’ll be right at home here. The Technology team participates in research and development of highly scalable consumer facing applications as well as identifies new technologies and trends and how they might be implemented to enhance our products and business. Work and learn from world-class talent that promotes a culture of experimentation and learning. Use the latest technologies such as Node, React, GraphQL and more to accelerate your career growth.
What will you do?
You will focus on evolving our Web technology platforms, tools and procedures to increase the effectiveness of our Web engineering teams. You will report to the Vice President, Engineering - Core Consumer Experience, and assist in setting the strategic direction for our Consumer Web technology. Essential elements of this strategy include coordinating critical technology upgrades and deprecations, scaling tooling and best practices, framing build vs buy technology decisions, and over operational execution for supporting our web engineers.
- You will help set the vision for our next generation of core web technologies, help us plan goals and milestones that lead our teams to achieve that vision, and partner with other Engineering leaders on operationalizing that vision.
- You will guide a team to rapidly deliver improvements to our core web technology stack that drives better scalability, performance, availability, and productivity.
- You will manage the day-to-day operations that support teams utilizing our web platform, such as providing developer support, coordinating releases, and responding to incidents.
- You will drive engineering excellence and governance around web engineering best practices through training, documentation, process, and tooling.
- Construct and maintain an environment of integrity, trust, high quality, and continuous improvement
- Motivate the team and enthusiastically rally them around delivering against a wide variety of organizational initiatives
What will you bring?
- Strong ability to coach and mentor engineers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Experience leading a platform team, including collecting feedback from peer engineering teams, driving decisions across competing technology solutions, and delivering a compelling technology strategy that engages teams.
- Deep understanding of modern web architectures such as React, and large-scale frontend engineering best practices: continuous integration, continuous deployment, site performance testing, search engine optimization, componentization, experimentation, personalization, web instrumentation, etc.
- A deep interest in the latest developments, industry trends, and best practices for frontend technology and tools.
- You thrive in a collaborative work environment and excel under pressure, with experience working on sophisticated, large-scale, time-critical projects.
- Excellent communication skills - ability to make complex technology concepts understandable to broader teams
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.