Director, Software Engineering at Care.com
Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What Your Days Will be Like:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Engineering team as a Director, Software Engineering. The candidate would lead a set of small, agile teams responsible for the platform architecture; building the pipes and tools on a modern micro-service ecosystem that makes development sing. The candidate will be responsible for analysis, design, coding, testing, deployment, improvements of our design components, micro-front-ends, middleware (node, graphQL), server (goLang, gRPC, lambdas/serverless, confluent/kafka), continuous development, global domain architecture, and assist teams with strategies around a major re-platforming effort across all care companies.
- Collaborate with design, product management, the creative team, developers to understand business requirements and what is needed by the platform to support ease of use/build-out
- Provide expert guidance on the architecture (domain) and review implementation plans as well as contracts
- Serve as the hub for ‘vertical-specific’ local architects and build a global map of a service-based ecosystem
- Prepare technology, tools, templates so developers spin up and go straight to the product need
- Evangelize to non-technical stakeholders how the platform connects to business success
- Make the strategic calls necessary to serve the needs of the business and build an excellent platform in a dynamic environment
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 7 - 10+ years experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems.
- 5+ years managing highly technical teams
- Ability to lead, inspire, and influence to make your teams and the platform successful (individually and collectively)
- Proven experience communicating with all types of stakeholders
- High emotional intelligence to partner in shaping the culture of our organization
- Dedicated to ensuring that teams have appropriate technical direction, leadership and balance
- Partner with recruiting to attract high-quality and diverse talent
- Expert in system design / API design
- Understanding of modern continuous delivery
- Extensive experience with micro-service architectures
- Passion for technology and people
- BS or MS in Computer Science or similar engineering disciplines
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).