Education Engineer at MongoDB
The Developer Education team is a hands-on and highly technical group of engineers who are passionate about teaching developers how to work with data and build applications. We are hiring an Education Engineer to help us create world-class educational content for MongoDB's developer-focused products, including MongoDB Realm and the MongoDB database drivers.
Our team works closely with MongoDB's documentation, engineering, and product organizations to deliver outstanding developer learning experiences for everyone, whether they're a novice or an experienced engineer. Every month, hundreds of thousands of developers turn to our content to help them build mobile and web applications, embedded IoT systems, and other projects that are used by millions of people worldwide.You’re a great fit for this role if
- You have developed and shipped modern mobile, web, or other applications and are comfortable working with existing codebases, new projects, and external libraries
- You have seen the value of great developer documentation and educational material firsthand and are excited about the idea of empowering other developers by creating it
- You enjoy deep investigation of new technical concepts and are eager to teach others what you’ve learned
- Learning and growth are important to you, so you like to give and receive feedback
- You grasp what makes a great developer experience as well as what developers of different skill levels and backgrounds might find challenging
- You feel that you are aligned with the core values that drive our work
- Develop sample apps & code examples: Developers love approachable and functional code examples that show off product features and address specific, real use cases. We create and maintain example code that gives developers confidence and helps them kickstart their projects
- Write documentation for MongoDB Realm and Drivers: MongoDB builds drivers and SDKs for many platforms, languages, and frameworks. We create detailed and idiomatic API documentation and programming guides. We keep up-to-date with new developments and features in order to create fresh content for developers
- Talk to developers: We connect with other developers and engineers to find out what they’re building, what they love, and what challenges they face. This could be anything from informally answering questions in Slack and our community forums to preparing and delivering a talk at a developer conference
Within three months, you’ll be comfortable with our tools and writing style and be able to apply them when authoring new content for MongoDB Realm and Drivers. You’ll also have completed our company’s required technical training for Engineers.
Within six months, you’ll have gained enough product expertise to propose and deliver new projects while building relationships with the teams that we work with. You’ll also be applying our writing style guide and coding best practices in both your own work and reviews of your teammates’ work.
Within twelve months, you’ll have taken ownership of a subject area and be able to manage the estimation and delivery of related work. By this time, you’ll have performed a full annual cycle of performance and growth conversations with your manager.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.