We are looking for a DevOps/Infrastructure Engineer to join our awesome team of bright minds. Working for Expedia Group and Expedia Data Platform, we are building Expedia Group's data streaming and ingestion platform, reliably handling many billions of messages every day.
Our goal is to build a world-class leading streaming platform that enables data producers and consumers to easily share and process information. We are building upon and improving our platform using open source projects such as Kafka, Kubernetes, Java and Kotlin, all running in the cloud, and we love contributing our work back to the open source community.
Technologies We Use:
kafka, aws, kubernetes, docker, terraform, ansible, jenkins, python, bash, go, java, kotlin, datadog, prometheus
- Are you interested in building a world-class, fast-growing data platform in the cloud/hybrid?
- Do you have a real passion for automation and finding elegant solutions to the operational problems?
- Are you eager to learn streaming, cloud and big data technologies and keep your skills up to date?
- Are you keen to work with and contribute to open source projects?
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Be part of an agile team that is continuously learning and improving.
- Develop scalable and highly-performant distributed systems with everything this entails (availability, observability, resiliency).
- Evolve development and operational standards and practices.
- Proactive problem-solving at the organization level.
- Communicate and document solutions and design decisions.
- Build bridges between technical teams to enable valuable collaborations.
- Work with our business partners to flesh out and deliver on requirements in an agile manner.
- Contribute to architectural vision for various critical components and systems.
- As well as being a passionate advocate of cloud computing, you have
professional experience of AWS architecture and administration in production environments.
- Familiarity with immutable infrastructure practices and benefits
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code tools such Terraform and build tools like Jenkins, Docker and other open source devops technologies.
- You have experience building and troubleshooting front and backend services in a production environment.
- You have a good understanding of networking and security and how to apply them to a Cloud-based environment including AWS networking services such as VPCs, ELBs, Security Groups, and IAM roles.
- Experience with building observability tools for availability, usage & performance
- Appreciates that not all problems can be solved with code
- Appreciates the importance of coding best practices and documentation
- You've spent some time on cloud infrastructure technologies such as aws and infrastructure as code tools such as terraform
- You have hands on experience with containerisation (Docker) and resource scheduling (Kubernetes).
- You possess a deep understanding of DevOps and Agile methodologies and concepts.
- You are confident writing robust Infrastructure as Code and have used tools like Terraform and integrated with other tools such as Vault and Jenkins.
- You have familiarity with event streaming platforms such as kafka
- You have knowledge of configuration management tools and techniques.
- Experience in (one or few) Python, Bash, Go scripting languages
We will continuously seek ways to use our collective data and technological
capabilities to improve effectiveness, efficiency and scalability across all aspects of our platform. In doing so, we will always seek to optimize for overall group value, not the value of any single business unit, product or brand.
Our people are our greatest strength. We will provide an inclusive, enriching and dynamic workplace where the very best people come together as one team to learn, grow and realize their full potential, while tackling some of the world’s most interesting challenges.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.