Hyliion is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our engineering team in Austin. This full-time position offers the opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing company that is revolutionizing the trucking industry. We are seeking exceptionally talented individuals that are highly motivated to revolutionize an industry, reduce the use of fuel and have some fun. You will be joining an experienced engineering team in the design, simulation, implementation and testing of electrical powertrain systems. Reports to Product Development Manager
Current Job Description
Essential Job Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design and development of electrification solutions for Class 8 truck applications
- Managing engineering technicians, assigning work tasks and dates
- Development of in-house electrical and control modules
- Identifying and working with suppliers to support the design and procurement of prototypes
- Cost model development and cost reduction
- Ensure that electrical aspects of Hyliion products meet all necessary safety and emission compliance requirements
- Interpret customer requirements to develop system and sub-system product specifications
- Develop and manage APQP documentation including FMEAs and DVP&Rs
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Vehicle electrification including high voltage battery and propulsion systems
- Experience in automotive industry and including APQP toolsets (FMEAs, DVP&Rs)
- High volume manufacturing experience
- Understanding of automotive powertrain systems
- Understanding of vibration (including modal) and vibration reduction strategies highly advantageous.
- Ability to design and troubleshoot circuits
- PCB design experience
- Experience in electrical and wiring systems
- Ability to read, understand and generate electrical manufacturing documentation
- Strong follow-through and self-starting nature
- Ability to effectively and positively communicate verbally and in writing with customers (internal and external), to address their needs promptly and to follow through on commitments
- Ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions
- Position will involve travel (10% of time) to visiting engineering providers and hardware suppliers
- Ability to work well in a high-paced environment, set and meet appropriate deadlines
- Willingness and ability to work more than 8 hours a day to ensure that deadlines are achieved weekly hours may regularly be between 50-60 during busy time periods
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5 Years’ Experience
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office
FLSA: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Hyliion is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.