Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
CesiumAstro is a rapidly growing space technology startup in Austin, Texas, developing out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the world of space communications. Learn more about our company at https://www.cesiumastro.com.
We are looking to add an Electronics Manufacturing Engineerto our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge manufacturing processes for high-reliability, high-volume satellites, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will be responsible for the manufacturing of Cesium’s diverse array of electronic assemblies for satellites and other aerospace platforms. Cesium partners with contract manufacturers (CMs) to fabricate and assemble our products; as such, you will serve as Cesium’s in-house expert and primary point-of-contact for our CMs. Day-to-day responsibilities range from highly technical manufacturing analysis and design – such as choosing solder chemistries and root-causing non-compliances – to administrative functions like supplier review and process documentation.
Your work will have a direct impact on the success of the company. You will work closely with the engineering team, program management, and external contract manufacturers to industrialize space products for a growing market that combines the rigor of space with the scale of commercial electronics.
Successful candidates will have:
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) with 5 years of experience, a Master of Science (MS) degree with 2 years of experience, or a higher degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience with Design for Manufacturability (DFM) of electronics hardware
- Knowledge of industry standards such as IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001.
- Experience with change management, nonconformance documentation, root cause analysis, corrective action systems, and acceptance criteria.
- Experience with cost analysis, managing suppliers, and configuration management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred experience includes:
- Statistical process control.
- Experience in aerospace or other high-reliability industries.
- Proficiency with PLM and ERP software.
- Proficiency in AS9100/ISO9001 quality management system requirements.
- Proficiency in lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Experience successfully tackling multiple high-priority tasks.
We provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our employees.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status