Email Developer at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role:
The Marketing Technology and Platforms team architects, builds, and manages the websites, systems, tools, and analytics platforms that enable Cloudflare to effectively market and sell its services at scale. We are looking for a domain expert in email - responsive design, code testing / optimization, and dynamic emails implementation to join our team. This person will play a key role in leading the technical design and implementation of marketing and transactional email templates, and will work with cross functional teams such as Web Dev, Engineering, Product to drive email best practices and email platform integration with our core technology stack.
- Lead technical design and implementation of complex email campaigns, including dynamic messaging and personalization. Deliver production support (build, edit, test, and deploy) as needed.
- Code new email templates using responsive email design technique to ensure they render the best in all major email clients
- Collaborate with Marketing and Engineering stakeholders to integrate data segmentation rules to automate and scale email campaigns
- Understand email laws and regulations such as GDPR, CAN-SPAM, CASL, CPAA and more.
- Maintain exceptional email reputation and continuously improve deliverability, inbox rates, and engagement rate.
- Promote a culture of creativity, collaboration, accountability and innovation within the team.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Strong knowledge and experience with ESPs such as Sparkpost and email personalization tools such as Marketo.
- Expert in email best practices and deep understanding in email regulations.
- Self-starter and leader who is highly accountable and communicative.
- Results-oriented, organized, with excellent attention to detail.
Preferred experience and traits
- Strong work ethic and motivation to learn and grow.
- Strong collaboration and persuasion skills.
- Innovative, high energy team player comfortable in a fast paced environment.
- SaaS experience at B2B2C and experience with growth marketing is a plus.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
220.127.116.11: We released 18.104.22.168 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.