Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team.
We are looking to add an Embedded Software Engineer to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge software for satellites, spacecraft, and aerospace systems, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will be responsible for low-level and high-level software in Cesium’s products through all phases of the development process. Key projects will include Linux-based single-board computers and high-reliability microcontroller systems. Cesium’s goal is to create an out-of-the-box hardware and software experience which enhances our customers’ ability to rapidly integrate our products into their systems.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We provide generous benefits and stock option package to all our employees.
- Experience with C or C++. Implement software for embedded devices and systems
- Develop, code, test, and debug system software
- Knowledge of key components of embedded system architecture
- Analyze code for efficiency, stability and scalability
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Support software quality assurance and optimize I/O performance
- Provide post-production/in-orbit customer support
- Interface with hardware design and development engineers
- Assess third-party and open-source software
Successful candidates will require, as a minimum:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of industry experience in software development.
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting of embedded hardware
- Programming experience in C or C++
- Experience with real-time Linux is desirable, preferable in an embedded system.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Excellent knowledge of real-time system coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces, and hardware subsystems
- Excellent understanding of multi-threaded applications and resource management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills