CLEAR makes life easier and more secure by using biometrics – your fingerprints, eyes and face – to confirm that you are you, and keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 45+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, moving quickly with data-informed decisions, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we’re working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 3+ million members across the country.
CLEAR is looking for an Engineering Lead to join the Technology team in Austin. In this role, you’ll be responsible for building cutting-edge applications from the ground up for Airports and Sports verticals. These applications will help travelers & sports fan save countless hours by helping them catch their flights & get to their games quicker . We’re looking for someone who is passionate about technology, stays on top of the latest trends within the field, and loves to engage with the developer community. You’ll do the best work of your career.
What You Will Do:
- Develop a brand new microservices based platform from the ground up and develop it with reliability and observability in mind.
- Work on cutting edge tech stack (Java 10, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka streams, Node, Electron, React)
- Develop applications to be released into production mid week with a zero down time based deployment model
- Build a team from the ground up and lead decisions involving hiring, team fit, and culture
- Drive the initiatives on architectural, design, and technical stack recommendations
- Work with other Tech Leads across the organization to drive a consistent approach to software development, and architecture
- Lead a vertical business aligned team of highly motivated individuals to define and deliver incremental value through milestones.
- Measure measure measure: performance, throughput, sprint velocity, number of releases per sprint, mean time to value, median time to develop a story and collect loads of other metrics to make data driven decisions
- Adhere to best practices for testing and designing reusable code
- Write automated Unit, Integration and Acceptance tests for each service while maintaining a code coverage of > 90%
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of core Java experience. Java 8 experience, required
- Experience with Agile methodologies is required
- Experience in building & managing teams; and mentoring individuals
- Experience in hiring bar raisers and forming a team of motivated and driven individuals
- Prefer working knowledge of a wide range of technologies, including: Software development methodologies; Strong system knowledge of Linux environments; Knowledge in Amazon’s AWS ecosystem is desirable
- Are curious about technology and believe in constant learning
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including strong communication skills
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements, underlying feature requests, and recommend alternative technical and business approaches
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive with flawless execution
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills