Engineering Manager, Analytics and Visualization Platform at Atlassian (Remote)
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Analytics and Visualization Platform team. This team, recently formed out of the acquisition of Chartio, is focused on unleashing the power of data for teams everywhere! More specifically, this team will be building the interfaces and services that help to surface data in dashboards and visualizations for Atlassian's customers.
That's where you come in. We're looking for an engineering manager experienced at leading a team of software engineers doing product development. You will manage a team of roughly 5-10 engineer within the Analytics and Visualization Platform team. Each squad has their own area of focus and we try to align the needs of the team with your skills and aspirations. We are excited to have you join our team!
In this role, you will get to:
- Empower your team to develop new features and products that are used by customers every day.
- Take responsibility for delivering on the projects and outcomes that are the focus of your teams.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers to deliver high-quality experiences to our customers.
- Work alongside a team of engineers, contributing to the team culture through your passion, creativity, and experience.
- Learn and grow as an manager through various career development opportunities.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of managing a software engineering team.
- Experience building and scaling web applications.
- Ability to collaborate with product management and other stakeholders to create an amazing product.
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies and practical experience using those methodologies to deliver software.
- Performance management experience coaching and mentoring others to help them become better software engineers.
- Prior experience recruiting, interviewing, and hiring great software engineers.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .