Atlassian is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Analytics and Visualization Platform team. This team, recently formed out of the acquisition of Chartio, is focused on unleashing the power of data for teams everywhere! More specifically, this team will be building the interfaces and services that help to surface data in dashboards and visualizations for Atlassian's customers.
That's where you come in. We're looking for an engineering manager experienced at leading a team of software engineers doing product development. You will manage a team of roughly 5-10 engineer within the Analytics and Visualization Platform team. Each squad has their own area of focus and we try to align the needs of the team with your skills and aspirations. We are excited to have you join our team!
In this role, you will get to:
- Empower your team to develop new features and products that are used by customers every day.
- Take responsibility for delivering on the projects and outcomes that are the focus of your teams.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers to deliver high-quality experiences to our customers.
- Work alongside a team of engineers, contributing to the team culture through your passion, creativity, and experience.
- Learn and grow as an manager through various career development opportunities.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of managing a software engineering team.
- Experience building and scaling web applications.
- Ability to collaborate with product management and other stakeholders to create an amazing product.
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies and practical experience using those methodologies to deliver software.
- Performance management experience coaching and mentoring others to help them become better software engineers.
- Prior experience recruiting, interviewing, and hiring great software engineers.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.