“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is to deliver the best healthcare experience by putting brilliant minds, empathetic hearts and personalized technology to work to create meaningful relationships between our members and Care Partners. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright People to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: Be Purposeful, Be Authentic, Be Brave, Be Positive, Be Respectful, and Be Accountable.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for leading a team of engineers on a day-to-day basis. This role ensures that projects are being completed on time and meet product / project expectations. A team of engineers looks to the Engineering Manager for process, trouble-shooting, mentoring, and technical expertise. The Engineering Manager will be the point person to Product and Project Managers looking to assign a project to a developer.
- Responsible for the development aspects of assigned projects
- Participation in meetings and planning sessions when required
- Responsible for helping define phased scopes of the development portion of proposals
- Work with engineering leadership on engineering standards
- Work with the Product and Project Managers to ensure that projects are completed on time
- Work with other teams to identify inefficiencies and correct them
- Identify resources to keep the team up to speed on the latest technology
- Monitor capacity and skill set to determine hiring needs
- Aid in the hiring process for qualified candidates based on capacity needs
- Approve requests from the team for events, resources, etc. if within budget
- Conduct reviews with each member of the team
- Help run planning meetings and pre-planning meetings with Product / Project managers
- Effectively communicate plans and progress against plans to engineering leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent experience required
- Previous experience leading engineering teams preferred
- Experience with front end frameworks and tools including: React, Redux, Webpack, Mocha, and Enzyme preferred
- Experience with micro-service architecture, docker, and Azure or AWS preferred
- Ability to coordinate with team members to help resolve issues
- Creative thinker and passionate about innovating and pushing the engineering teams forward
- Team player and an adept problem solver
- Understanding and experience with database systems and data modeling (RDBMS, SQL, NoSQL)
- Experience with test-driven development
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Read Full Job Description