We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our Content Services team. This team is responsible ingesting and mastering all of the digital offers available across the RetailMeNot platform. As the Engineering Manager on the team, you’ll lead execution on building out a high-performance, highly scalable content management platform that is capable of supporting our ever expanding suite of product offerings.
The Content Services team works on initiatives that deliver higher quality content to our end users, as well as automation of large parts of our data ingestion pipeline. You will support the team's interactions with Product and Operations partners, as well as other teams from across the company to ensure efficient delivery of improvements tightly aligned to the company's business objectives.
In your role, you will develop a team of full stack software engineers to drive business results and technology innovation. We build solutions to handle complex challenges in real-time, using distributed systems. Technologies we use today include Java, React, GraphQL, Docker, Kubernetes, SQL databases, Mongo, RESTful APIs, and AWS infrastructure.
Who You Are
- You have acquired a 4 year CS Degree or related technical discipline, Business Admin or related experience
- You have at least 7 years of SDLC experience
- You have experience leading technical teams to deliver business solutions
- You're passionate about building and mentoring high performing engineering teams
- You have software development experience
- You have used agile methodologies to plan and deliver increments of functionality
- You take a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- You are result oriented and have a creative mindset to push beyond boundaries
- You have keen instincts for analytical analysis, technical discernment and risk assessment
What You'll Do
- You will lead project management for your team, and take ownership of your team's delivery in close collaboration with product management, business analysts, and other engineering teams
- You will drive iterative and on-time delivery of software
- You will recruit, coach and grow high performing engineers
- You'll guide team members to make sound technical decisions
- You will lead ideation and discovery of technology solutions to improve user experience and drive business value
- You will champion test automation and engineering best practices
- You'll identify recurring issues and opportunities to improve engineering process, employees’ success, and business success
- You have 2+ years experience in engineering management experience
Who We Are
- We have an open environment where engineers are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact.
- We have lots of talented people to work with and learn from.
- We work on large scale challenges with a variety of technologies.
- We have a great open vacation policy.
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food.
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you enjoy.
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading digital savings destination connecting consumers with retailers, restaurants and brands, both online and in-store. The company enables consumers across the globe to find hundreds of thousands of digital offers to save money while they shop or dine out.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.