Engineering Manager, Growth Experiments
About the team
The Evernote Growth Team has the mission to delight and help our customers engage with our best-in-class note taking app. In this highly versatile role, your day-to-day work will directly impact large areas of the product and challenge your technical expertise as well as leadership experience as you manage development across our front-end Web clients, back-end micro-services, and messaging tools. Our mission spans across improving user experience – from initial awareness and on-boarding, to day-to-day usage and support by conducting experiments and using insights from data to drive our decisions.
We are a creative, diverse, and analytical team, passionate about continuous learning around our customers’ behaviors. We value empathy for the customer experience, as well as a quantitative focus on driving business metrics.
Our tools empower us to move fast and dive deep – building and deploying tests to anticipate and rapidly respond to our customer’s needs. We measure in days, not weeks, and monitor our experiments’ results in real-time.
What you'll do
- Build and develop a strong engineering team focused on delivering results and operational excellence
- Partner with product, marketing, and support teams to run experimentation via A/B tests, share knowledge, and use data to inform and influence roadmaps and business decisions.
- Collaborate with a group of Designers, Analysts, Product Managers and other Growth Engineers to define the roadmap for engaging and monetizing our users
- Lead end to end execution of rapid product iteration through experimentation
- You'll be biased towards action, pragmatism, and results – tangible outcomes that you can measure
- Tackle new territory, because learning and recognizing patterns in unfamiliar technologies excites you.
- You will see things how they should be, not just how they are.
- Lead and participate in engineering wide initiatives as a member of the engineering leadership team
What you've done
- BS Degree in CS, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience shipping modern web applications with Java, HTML, CSS, React, and RESTful APIs.
- You've delivered continuously using standard build, test, & deploy tools.
- You've led agile teams through storming and norming.
- You're comfortable working deeper in the stack, including relational databases and cloud services.
- Familiarity with React, ReactNative, Redux, and Electron is a plus.
- Familiarity with e-commerce payment platforms is a plus.
- You've shipped software on mobile and desktop platforms.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.