Engineering Manager - Identity Security at Red Ventures
At A Glance:
Red Ventures is looking for a talented Engineering Manager - Identity Security to join our team. You’ll work with many of our Red Ventures businesses, such as The Points Guy, Healthline, Bankrate and CNET. We’re looking for experienced professionals with go-anywhere, do-anything attitudes to build value for our customers and our team. You’ll lead a team to build and maintain a range of identity security solutions that protect our internal resources, customers and the authN/authZ platform from ever-changing threats. You will lead our Service to Service, Internal and External User authentication/authorization domain. Collaborate with other engineering leaders and tech leads to champion and evangelize an architectural vision for Authentication. Be a connector across engineering teams to drive sound technical and architecture decisions that help effectively scale AuthN and AuthZ services. We are looking for a leader who can deliver our current product roadmap while also creating a culture of R&D that will ensure we are constantly innovating in the security space.
You will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining the next generation identity and access technical strategy. In this role you will play an influential role in the engineering community and will help drive the adoption of modern Identity and Access Management solutions. Provides leadership and guidance to internal teams. We offer ambitious projects, a rich teamwork environment, space to grow your career and your skills.
What You'll Do:
- Lead application development Identity solutions for both internal service to service as well as end consumer to application authentication and authorization using modern techniques like OAuth
- Lead a team of accomplished Identity software engineers (full-time and contingent) to design and develop industry leading identity solutions for our Splunk.com login and account registration process on the Okta platform.
- Accelerate the strategy, roadmap, implementation and support of cloud based IAM processes and tools.
- Lead the architecture, design and implementation of services for high scale, throughput, durability, and low latency.
- Support strategy for internal service to service application authentication and authorization
- Serve as a player and a coach to a number of engineers as direct reports. You possess the capability to push your team’s abilities in growing them individually and as a unit, while also remaining hands on yourself in determining the architecture and tools to be used in development.
- You can make both technical and non-technical decisions and ensure that organizational security policies and procedures are implemented and enforced.
- You will play a key role in developing the strategy and culture of our organization.
- Autonomy – Aspiring entrepreneurs succeed here because you will have full-ownership over your work from beginning to end.
- Collaborate – Better than making the dream work, teamwork makes the code work. Through open work-space, Slack and peer reviews, our teams work together to build amazing solutions.
- Innovate – With the belief that “Everything is Written in Pencil”, we encourage our teams to test new frameworks, learn new languages and challenge the “status quo” to make us better.
What We're Looking For:
- Experience and strong knowledge with OAuth and associated solutions (Okta, Auth0, etc)
- Experience with industry standard authentication and authorization protocols, such as Oauth, OpenID, SAML and secure-by-design principles
- Experience with Service-to-service authentication and communication
- Experience working in agile environments with cross-functional delivery teams.
- Familiarity with public cloud offerings such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Experience with general software design and architecture so that you can guide teams to the right solutions, while avoiding common pitfalls.
- Experience leading software engineering teams or serving as a technical lead within an organization; experience managing remote teams is a plus.
- A leader with the ability to cultivate technical talent, and encourage the creation of reusable, scalable code.
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solvers who love to challenge themselves.
- Personal commitment to being great people to work with and for every day.
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]