About the team
Our integrations team manages our third-party integrations, which allow us to ingest orders and shipments, synchronize with ERPs and dedicated financial systems, track shipments, monitor carrier compliance, and unlocks a massive network of carriers. We're a cross functional team that includes a PM, multiple backend engineers, integration engineers (Informatica), frontend engineer, qa engineer, and a product designer. Our major initiatives include EDI connectivity, freight pay and audit, tracking shipments using electronic logging devices (ELDs), and integrating with ERP systems via APIs. We'd love for you to join us and build the future.
What you'll do
- Inspire a squad of 10 to positively impact our customers with third-party integrations
- Manage a mix of frontend, backend, and QA engineers
- Understand customer needs and pain points so that you can effectively prioritize work
- Eliminate a lot of data entry and busywork for our most important customers
- Clean up messes. You'll refactor our technical debt into organized, efficient services
- Partner with product to launch new services and iterate on them until they satisfy customer needs
- Effectively sequence work by balancing team resources, company needs, and customer impact
- Flex your social skills and form a tight knit team
- Develop your talent through coaching, 1x1s, and feedback
- Recruit great engineers, sell them on Shipwell, and retain them once they join
What we're looking for
- An empathetic engineering leader who quickly gains the trust of engineers
- Someone who genuinely loves to learn and understand how our integrations work - you'll learn about EDI, rating/quoting/tracking, ERPs, transportation modes (FT, LTL, Parcel, Final Mile, etc), financial systems and much more
- You can give explicit guidance to your directs, but you are confident enough to let them chart their own course
- You can spot talent and also nurture it
- Able to influence peers throughout the organization (product, cs, sales, design, etc) to do what is best for the company
- You're a battle-hardened engineer who has written many APIs and connected to third party APIs
- Knowledgeable about enterprise design patterns and can help engineers work through design tradeoffs
- You've created technical debt and also had to pay it off with multi-month rewrites
- You've worked in the logistics industry
- You're strong enough at Python to do code review
- You understand how an event architecture works
- Experience with EDI
- Worked at a SAAS company
- 401k plan
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Offices in Austin, TX, Chicago, IL or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized wifi, cell phone, and educational reimbursements
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within one of our office location cities (Austin and Chicago) or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc.