Engineering Manager, Security Development at Atlassian (Remote)
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world through the power of software and we are looking for a well-rounded Engineering Manager for Atlassian's Security Development team. This team is responsible for building and operating mature software systems to improve the entire company's security posture.
As an Engineering Manager, you'll be a technical leader and people manager, responsible for guiding the team to technical decisions for production services, helping prioritize and organize the team's work, and providing career growth and mentorship opportunities to your team.
If you are a strong leader interested in developing your info security expertise, this role is a rare opportunity to do just that!
What you will do
- Be a people manager for a small development team and grow the careers of your direct reports
- Own the delivery of critical projects in a microservices environment
- Run agile processes for your team
- Ensure operational and quality metrics are achieved for your services
- Participate in hiring
- A track record of delivering projects on-time, in-scope, and within quality goals in an Agile environment
- 3+ years of software development experience, not necessarily writing code
- 1+ years managing and growing engineers
- Experience providing feedback and coaching engineers
- Excellent interpersonal skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience building SaaS software with a focus on operational excellence
- Experience with scalable, high-performance systems that are highly available
- A strong understanding of how to use metrics to guide technical decisions
- Familiarity with security systems would be a huge bonus
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .