Engineering Manager, Site Reliability - Duo Security at Duo Security
Duo Security, now part of Cisco, is the leading multi-factor authentication (MFA) and Zero Trust for the Workforce provider.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
What You’ll Do
As an Engineering Manager on our Site Reliability Engineering team, you will lead a team responsible for enabling our engineering teams to be able to easily monitor and track metrics within services at Duo. These services empower Duo's product development teams to run and maintain their services in production at a high level. You will collaborate with a wide range of internal partners to lead projects that automate solutions in an effort to provide the most accurate insight possible into our systems, remove toil and enhance our teams ability to react quickly to issues.
We value inclusion, empower autonomy, and emphasize software craftsmanship. You embody our values and development culture of collaboration, democracy, testing, CI/CD, data-driven decisions, and mentorship..
Who You Will Work With
Skills you have….
- You have lead teams responsible for architecting cloud based infrastructure and monitoring systems.
- You have coached and mentored individual engineers to function as a team.
- You have sourced, recruited and hired engineers to be a part of your team.
- You have built teams that are psychologically safe and unafraid to fail.
- You can provide specific and actionable feedback.
- You are passionate about continuous improvement.
- You enjoy reading and critiquing others code in code review.
- You are committed to quality and experienced with modern software testing practices.
- You care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
Even better if….
- Prior experience with automated configuration tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Prior experience writing web applications in Python.
- Prior experience deploying cloud services, monitoring, alerting, and handling partner concerns.
- You have experience supporting a high-availability SaaS environment
- You work well in charting new DevOps practices without a well defined roadmap.
Who You Are
Why you should apply….
- You’ve seen the news! Cybersecurity is the biggest issue of our time and you want to make a difference.
- You thrive having the autonomy to operate in a meaningful problem space solving real problems for real people
- You love collaborating with, teaching, and learning from high-performing peers on software projects
This job may not be for you if…
- You only code alone and aren't willing to mentor and be mentored.
- You lack a real passion for writing high-quality secure software that is backed by an equally mature approach to testing.
- You stress under the ambiguity of a problem and default to others to provide you with the answers.
- Your first instinct is to point out why something can’t be done rather than focusing on what the customer problem is.
- You tire at the thought of a steady, deliberate pace in both a product and company.
If you're coming up short in these areas, but think you could still knock it out of the park, apply and tell us your story in an introductory letter.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!