Engineering Manager, Threat Detection
We like building phenomenal products and are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team in taking our offerings to the next level. You will lead the development of Duo’s threat detection capabilities. Reporting to the Engineering Director, you will own the delivery of new and existing products. Take features from research and design through development, test, and launch to make an impact in Duo’s mission to democratize security. You will also have the opportunity to serve a team in achieving these results as well as recruit top talent to further strengthen the team. You’ll collaborate and execute closely with Product Management, Product Design, Data Science, Application Security and other key stakeholders to deliver results.
Our ideal candidate has experience managing a software development team preferably focused on web applications and enjoys empowering a team to solve difficult technical challenges as well as mentoring and developing the people on their team. Experience with security and data products is a huge plus, as is experience working on B2B and SaaS products.
What you will do:
- Work closely with product management to develop a software roadmap for our mobile app using a lightweight agile process
- Collaborate with our data science team to integrate machine learning pipelines into production systems
- Build trust with, mentor, and grow the individuals on your team
- Recruit and hire to strengthen the team
- Communicate cross functionally to align team and company goals
- Obsess over making the product easy-for-users and impossible for bad guys
Skills you have:
- BA/BS preferably in the fields of Computer Science or Engineering
- 1+ years experience in managing a team of software developers
- 5+ years experience in software engineering, preferably in developing web applications
- Communicates effectively about technical, as well as strategic concepts, to diverse audiences
- Enjoys operating autonomously with high level mentorship
- Demonstrates a bias towards action
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
Why you should apply:
- You’re excited about growing and mentoring team of excellent engineers and have the experience to back it up
- You like solving challenging problems with a focus on customer experience
- You believe in empowering others to achieve results
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place.
Our roots and values were forged in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it.
Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employers.