CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the third year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing frictionless experiences and technology for our partners and 7+ million members.
We are seeking a driven, strategic, technology focused and customer-centric software development leader. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading a cross functional software team in design, development, test, and deployment of our next generation travel products. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing software, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. This individual will have a strong track record of helping to deliver an effective, highly-available, and flexible technology platform in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly.
Your team will be building consumer focused kiosk/device front end & back end biometric experiences that will be used in our airport lanes. You will be interfacing with our cloud native services hosted in AWS using modern distributed application design patterns.
What You Will Do:
- Guide an extremely talented team and deliver a maintainable product with a focus on time to market
- Create, prioritize, communicate, manage, and execute roadmaps, project plans, and commitments
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; build a strong cross-functional organization
- Partner with business stakeholders & product manager to understand requirements, priorities, and processes
- Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements.
- Own all operational metrics and support
- Set clear, measurable quality goals for an organization in a data-driven way
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of experience in understanding of all aspects of software engineering, including coding, maintenance, architecture and design
- 2+ years of experience leading and managing cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- Understand OO design and knowledge of relevant modern design patterns
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Deep knowledge of front end & back end platforms, frameworks, design and best practices
- Experience in building cloud native applications
- Able to build, manage, and work with multiple teams to achieve defined goals
- Up to date with technology trends and experience in building cloud native is a plus
- Basic understanding of Biometrics is a plus