Unity Cloud is hiring an Engineering Manager for the Live Content team. The Live Content team’s mission is to enable success for large production teams, and teams with complex live content delivery needs. You will mentor and grow a team of engineering leads and individual contributors across multiple locations, while helping to elevate the quality and consistency of the engineering across the team.
- Ensure adherence to best practices in software engineering and development across multiple projects built on a variety of technology stacks
- Ensure all development teams are delivering a consistently high quality output
- Mentor technical leads toward development and management excellence
- Collaborate with technical leads on the team as well as peers across the Unity Cloud and R&D organizations on technical design and architecture
- Ensure consistency and interoperability across tools and services
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Past experience as a programmer in C++, C#, or similar languages, with significant contributions to shipped tools or applications
- Experience managing software engineers and providing technical direction on multiple large scale software or SaaS projects
- Experience with building performant, robust, large scale distributed systems
- Experience with at least one and ideally multiple public cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience and understanding of game development challenges in asset management, distribution, and live operations
- Development experience with the Unity engine
- Hobby projects that demonstrate aptitude in the core skill requirements
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.