Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place.
Our roots and values were forged in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it.
Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
If you’re passionate about solving hard cloud security problems at a hyper-growth company, love working with brilliant teammates, and want to help the world’s organizations realize easy-to-use security capabilities, then this role is for you.
What you’ll do…
Duo’s Production Engineering team is responsible for the availability, efficiency, and performance of our production tools and services. As the Engineering Manager of SWAT, you will work closely to bridge the Production Engineering and Customer Success team missions through the development of tools and frameworks that enable our teams to proactively ensure customers are able to successfully leverage Duo’s products and services. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring methodologies for addressing potential customer challenges are scalable across the organization in support of Duo’s rapid growth.
Skills you have…
- 5+ years experience in managing a team of engineers with proven coaching and mentoring skills.
- Experience collaborating successfully with security, operations, and software engineering teams.
- You have experience designing and implementing scalable automation frameworks with technologies like Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- You can program in Python, Perl, Ruby, PHP, or other dynamic programming languages. Experience with Twisted a plus.
- Experience with IaaS platforms like AWS, Azure, and Google Compute Engine preferred.
- Working knowledge of large-scale internet service architectures like load balancing, clustering, distributed systems, content delivery networks, service oriented architectures, and message queueing systems.
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- You are not afraid to challenge the status quo. You approach conflict in a constructive manner and help to identify root causes of problems, offer corrective actions, and participate in the solutions.
- You love continuous improvement and enabling the success of others. You identify issues/opportunities and translate those into results. You automate anything and everything you can.
- You want to be a part of something big and make a difference. Duo is changing the face of security, and is protecting many of the world's top brands.
This job may not be for you if...
- If you need a lot of well-established policies and procedures before you can make decisions and drive results.
- If you’re not interested in the Ops side of DevOps (check out one of our Software Engineering Manager positions if so).
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.