An important part of our engineering culture at AffiniPay is to build and grow teams that do their best work, and our managers play an important role in supporting this.
As a manager for our Backend Services Team, you will lead and support developers that build our backend payment services. You'll be tasked with making our teams better and more capable, both in their individual roles and as a team.
In the longer term, success in this role looks like a happy, high-functioning, and diverse group of software engineers who help each other deliver high-quality software on predictable timelines.
- Hold one-on-one meetings that surface and resolve issues early.
- Listen for, identify, and help team members remove frustrations and blockers.
- Understand individual team members' needs and create plans for them to achieve career goals.
- Create, improve, or even remove processes to let team members forecast and ship software.
- Collaborate with our Product team to help team members deliver great customer experiences.
- Work with Product and Engineering leadership to balance scope, quality, and timelines for more accurate forecasting over time.
- Help establish and reinforce a high standard of software quality alongside our Engineering and Architecture teams.
- Help the team understand requirements, breaking them down into a viable technical solution. Get appropriate team members involved and help them understand the requirements and product impact.
- Within the Engineering team, be an advocate for our customers and push for adding as much value as possible to AffiniPay given our product roadmap as well as customer requests.
- Help manage and improve our recruiting, hiring, and onboarding processes.
- Create a culture of safety and high trust where people learn from failure and improve continuously.
- Help manage and improve our learning and personal development programs.
- Engineering background (at least 5 years working with SaaS or enterprise applications)
- Prior development or testing experience strongly desired
- Solid management experience (at least 3 years leading successful teams)
- Skills in designing and implementing processes that become self-managing
- Experience collaborating with product teams in an Agile environment
- Strong experience with resolving conflict and building trust within and between teams
- A track record of building and managing high-functioning, inclusive, diverse, and productive teams
About AffiniPay With over a decade of experience as a leader in financial technology, our AffiniPay development team has built a proprietary, end-to-end payment system that is used by tens of thousands of professionals and organizations across a variety of industries. Our robust platform is driving professional practices forward and improving the way that professionals get paid. Additionally, this platform was specifically developed to provide flexible payment integration options for developers in other industries to help them create custom payment solutions, and has been integrated into dozens of software products. We are facing interesting and unique problems as we look to change the professional payment industry.
Affini-Perks! We've got you covered... Competitive compensation structure
401K with automatic 5% company contribution
100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefit plans
100% Company paid short- and long-term disability and life insurance
Competitive PTO plan
Paid maternity/paternity leave
Fun destination quarterly meetings
AffiniPay Swag Package
Company lunches and fully stocked kitchen
All the benefits of a startup culture without the downsides
The chance to get in on the ground floor of one of Austin's fastest growing companies!
AffiniPay is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Read Full Job Description