Shipwell(R) is transforming the supply chain industry by replacing opaque and manual processes through a tech-enabled, fully connected logistics ecosystem with more than 500,000 carrier partners. Our platform uses machine learning to analyze over 100 million rows of real-time data every day, reducing waste and friction, delivering better business intelligence, and driving continuous improvement across our customer supply chains. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including FreightTech 25.Our Culture
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!Engineering Manager
The Engineering Manager role provides you with a unique opportunity to join a high growth, third-party logistics company as we pivot into a record-breaking 3rd year. We need someone to own the end to end development of features which includes clarifying requirements, designing solutions, writing code and ensuring that features are well tested. The Engineering Manager is responsible for setting and communicating the technical direction of the team, mentoring and growing the team, removing roadblocks and communicating to stakeholders. We’re laying the foundation on which our industry will be reinvented; we’re looking for individuals who want to be part of a significant change. Ideas come from being an innovator and an amplifier, that strives to achieve more, for themselves and to enable greatness in others.What you’ll do when you get here:
- Ensure alignment between the business and technology
- Maintain and communicate a clear technical vision
- Keep the team focused on delivery by protecting them from distractions
- Help resolve difficult engineering problems
- Mentor other technical leaders
- Recruit, train and maintain high caliber talent
- Proactively identify issues affecting team productivity and get out of the team's way
- BS/MS/ Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field
- Production experience in Software Development (3+ years)
- Experience managing and leading a technical team
- Knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g MongoDB)
- Expertise with Object Oriented Design and Programming
- Experience developing cloud-based services a plus
- Hands-on experience with agile development methodologies a plus
- Career growth opportunities
- Friendly and inclusive company culture
- Team building events and office celebrations
- Competitive compensation with company stock options
- Company sponsored healthcare, dental, and vision insurance
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- An open work environment where everyone has a voice
- Subsidized gym, cell phone, learning and commuter reimbursements. Oh yeah, and entertainment reimbursement, we’ve got you covered!
- An exceptional team of passionate, bright, and inspirational coworkers
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within one of our office location cities (Austin and Chicago) or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!