It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.About the company:
Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world’s leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We’re proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers, and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99 percent of employees believe you’re made to feel welcome at WP Engine. Be you. Be here.What's cool about this Job?
WP Engine is looking for a Manager of Engineering to lead a team of engineers that build the #1 local WordPress development tool, Local. You’ll be responsible for shipping products of very high quality, and motivating and leading our hardworking engineers to do their best work! You’ll also work closely with product management to define and shape the overall product roadmap and ultimately deliver those products.Day to Day
- Curating an engineering culture that is biased toward shipping while maintaining very high standards of quality.
- Recruiting new WP Engine engineers from all backgrounds and establishing WP Engine as THE place to be if you’re an exceptional engineer interested in solving hard problems!
- Working in partnership with product management to ensure we’re building the right things, in the right way, in the right priority order
- Leading all aspects of a team of engineers and helping ensure their productivity, happiness, and personal growth at WP Engine.
- Being an advocate for the team while balancing objectives set by executive management.
- 2+ years of engineering leadership experience leading productive, high-functioning teams, and can describe how you enabled their productivity.
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers.
- Familiar with development of Desktop Applications, Cloud providers (AWS, Google Cound, Azure), APIs, CI/CD, and Agile development.
- Experience as a software developer and can understand the details of the team’s work.
- You are a lifelong learner, particularly as it relates to building a remarkable and enviable engineering team and processes.
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.