Shipwell believes we are fundamentally changing the logistics industry and breaking the mold for how the supply chain has been operated for centuries. We work with thousands of shippers and carriers to create the leading software solution in logistics through an unmatched technology platform. With a fast-paced and gritty startup mentality, and recently closing a $35M series B investment round, Shipwell provides a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a future Fortune 500 Company. We are backed by some of the best investors in both Silicon Valley and Austin who believe we are onto something and we need the right people to continue our rapid growth plan towards changing the supply chain world.
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
The Engineering Manager role provides you with a unique opportunity to join a high growth, third-party logistics company as we pivot into a record-breaking 3rd year. We need someone to own the end to end development of features which includes clarifying requirements, designing solutions, writing code and ensuring that features are well tested. The Engineering Manager is responsible for setting and communicating the technical direction of the team, mentoring and growing the team, removing roadblocks and communicating to stakeholders. We’re laying the foundation on which our industry will be reinvented; we’re looking for individuals who want to be part of a significant change. Ideas come from being an innovator and an amplifier, that strives to achieve more, for themselves and to enable greatness in others.
What you’ll do when you get here:
- Ensure alignment between the business and technology
- Maintain and communicate a clear technical vision
- Keep the team focused on delivery by protecting them from distractions
- Help resolve difficult engineering problems
- Mentor other technical leaders
- Recruit, train and maintain high caliber talent
- Proactively identify issues affecting team productivity and get out of the team's way
What you need to have:
- BS/MS/ Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field
- Production experience in Software Development (3+ years)
- Experience managing and leading a technical team
- Knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g MongoDB)
- Expertise with Object Oriented Design and Programming
What is Preferred:
- Experience developing cloud-based services a plus
- Hands-on experience with agile development methodologies a plus
What we offer:
- Career growth opportunities
- Friendly and inclusive company culture
- Team building events and office celebrations
- Competitive compensation with company stock options
- Company sponsored healthcare, dental, and vision insurance
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- An open work environment where everyone has a voice
- Subsidized gym, cell phone, learning and commuter reimbursements. Oh yeah, and entertainment reimbursement, we’ve got you covered!
- An exceptional team of passionate, bright, and inspirational coworkers