Engineering Manager at Overhaul
Who We Are
Overhaul is a supply chain integrity solutions company that allows shippers to connect disparate sources of data into the first fully transparent situational analysis engine designed for the logistics industry. Data that is transformed into critical insights can instantly trigger corrective actions, impacting everything from temperature control to handling requirements or package-level tracking, ensuring cargo arrives at its destination safely, undamaged, and on time. We are a dynamic, innovative, and fun team who is highly committed to our customers’ experiences and our Mission and Vision.
Overhaul is looking for an Engineering Manager to help lead our engineering team. You will lead a small team of engineers and collaborate in a cross-functional pod with a product manager, product designer and other engineering teams to bring our product and infrastructure services to life. You will also work closely with our VP of Engineering to help build an organizational structure and processes that scale as we continue to grow. You will be responsible for the continued enhancement and development of software solutions for Overhaul’s core technology and key product areas. You will plan, direct, and manage the activities of engineers and system software projects to ensure that project goals and commitments are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and parameters. As a lead, you will have strong experience in technical leadership, and you will command respect through intelligence, amazing work ethic and persistence. This role comes with the opportunity to be a high performer within a department that’s fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly growing in all areas.
- Support driving the technical and organizational roadmap for the team
- Expertly design and own technical solutions for broad or complex requirements with insightful, strategic approaches
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams distributed across multiple locations
- Closely collaborate with the VP of Engineering to build and grow a team of exceptional software engineers and technical leaders
- Influence key decisions on architecture and implementation of scalable, reliable, and cost-effective engineering solutions
- Establish healthy feedback loops to continuously improve our Agile based processes
- Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- Keep the team motivated by providing challenging work, clarity in direction and mentorship with regular 1-1s
- 5+ years of experience in the software industry in development roles, with 2+ years in management roles
- 3+ years of engineering experience as a software or data engineer & comfort with at least one mainstream programming language (Python, Java, Scala, C#, Ruby, etc.)
- Proven success delivering highly reliable and scalable software systems.
- Next-level analytical problem-solving talent
- Strongly opinionated but respectful and collaborative; self-motivated and have strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Reasonable exposure to & understanding of some form of Agile or modern program management
- Strong communication skills
Our Core Values and how they benefit you as an “Overhauler”
Authenticity, Receptivity and Trust
· Extremely competitive base salary package
· 401(k) with Overhaul match
· Flexible working schedules
· Remote, hybrid, and/or In-office*
Encouragement and Learning
· Progressive advancement opportunity & career mobility
· Paid development personal stipend
· Monthly lunch and learns
· 2 Unique learning systems w/Instructor led content
Wellness and Integrity
· Rotating Overhaul “Perks @ work” (Discounts and Freebies)
· Overhaul fully provided healthcare plan
· Employee assistance & wellbeing programs
· New Parent/Family/Caregiver leave(s)
· Daily BAMM time (body and mind movement)
· Life by design vacation policy
Diversity and Inclusivity Statement:
Overhaul has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. Our Overhaul Culture Code’s top listed commitment is to “Diversity and Synergy.” All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply!