The Enterprise Search team develops a suite of products focused on providing turn-key search solutions for modern applications and organizations. Our products enable developers in organizations to harness the speed, scale, and relevance of Elasticsearch without heavy lifting. Elastic Workplace Search can be easily deployed in your organization to unify your Content platforms into a single searchable experience for your colleagues. Elastic App Search provides a rich set of APIs for ingestion and searching content along with an intuitive UI for analyzing and tuning relevance, and an open-source library to quickly implement rich search experiences. Elastic Site Search is a SaaS offering that provides an instant setup to add a search box to your web properties rapidly.
We are determined to provide the Elastic Enterprise Search solution with the highest level of product and code quality. We are seeking an experienced engineer to provide our developers tooling and confidence through robust CI pipelines and test automation. Specifically, you will be responsible for putting in place the test setup to help developers write and execute their tests and help maintain our CI platform and infrastructure.
What you will be doing
- Join the Enterprise Search team to help improve the delivery pipeline
- Manage and improve our Jenkins CI pipelines
- Manage and improve the testing automation setup
- Collaborate with developers on how to improve the test suites and framework for unit, integration, functional, and stress testing.
What you will bring
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing projects and dependencies across multiple teams
- Creative problem solving, strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools
- Experience using Jenkins and building Jenkins plugins
- Experience in Jenkins administration, especially of large-scale instances
- Excellent coding skills in one or more programming languages and scripting languages (Ruby, Java, Python, Bash, etc.).
- Previous experience developing automated tests for large-scale web applications and services
- Experience with large scale automated test suites including unit, integration, performance, and functional testing
- Experience using test frameworks, e.g., Cypress, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, JMeter, LoadRunner, etc.
If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Please include whatever info you believe is relevant: resume, GitHub profile, code samples, blog posts and writing samples, links to personal projects, etc.Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People:
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing [email protected] Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at [email protected] Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at [email protected] We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which your skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement.