Front End Developer, Financial Services at Red Ventures
What you’ll do:
- Build and ship engaging, consumer-facing web experiences.
- Collaborate closely with business and design teams to scope and deliver valuable projects on time.
- Teach and learn new skills with your fellow developers, producing quality code with consistent standards.
- Continually look for opportunities to build value in the codebase: set standards, build tools, and automate jobs to make yourself and your team better and faster.
- Demonstrate a sharp eye for detail. Debug issues and execute so everything “just works.”
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5+ years experience in front end web development
- Foundational skills. You should be comfortable working with the command line and git, you should be capable of building things with HTML, CSS, and JS.
- Experience building websites or APIs with frameworks like React.
- Ability to wrangle build systems. Webpack? Parcel? Gulp? Do you know the difference between “npm i” and “npm ci,” and when they should be used? Can you compile CSS from SASS while adjusting for certain browser compatibility?
- We don’t need you to be a designer, but we want someone who can partner closely with our talented design team. Experience with Sketch, Indesign, and Illustrator is helpful.
- Working knowledge of the way front end systems run in the cloud and download to the browser. Can you diagnose a caching problem with a CDN, and do you know how to fix it?
- Experience with page speed optimization. Working knowledge of web image formats, font loading techniques, and strategies for optimizing Core Web Vitals.
- Understanding or further reading of further-reaching technical concepts. (E.g., API design, modular structures, dependency injection, test automation, functional vs object-oriented programming, design patterns, etc.)
- Ability to architect and develop your own API’s
- Experience integrating SaaS products into websites, especially digital marketing products (like Segment, Mailchimp, Iterable, or Optimizely) and adtech products like Google Ad Manager (DFP).
- Experience implementing Web Accessibility Standards. (compliance with WCAG 2.0 Level AA preferred)
- You’ve built a side-project that shows off more advanced skills
- You contribute to an open source project
- You volunteer or mentor fellow developers
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].