Front End Engineer
About the Role:
- Develop responsive front-end views for award-winning consumer-facing financial tools
- Build custom drop-in containers for front-end features that are reusable across sites
- Work with best-in-breed frameworks for styling, layouts, and navigation flows
- Work with UX and design team to transform wireframes into living products
- Integrate new external APIs into platform
- Own full web development requirements and implementation, release management, QA regression scripts, and deployment to production environments
- Proficiency with Node.js
- Proficiency with modern templating tools (e.g. Nunjucks, Handlebars, Twig)
- Proficiency with HTML5 and mobile-friendly responsive design
- Proficiency with consuming and producing RESTful APIs
- Proficiency with task runners and asset pipeline tools (e.g. Gulp)
- Familiarity with BDD or other automated testing tools (e.g. Jasmine, Cucumber)
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors (e.g. less, SASS)
- Familiarity with web service delivery stacks (nginx, passenger, virtual host configuration)
- Familiarity with source control and deployment tools: (GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, SVN)
- Proficiency with legacy dev tools (e.g. JQuery, Bootstrap, etc.)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- S. in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience
Red Ventures, Inc., is a leading digital marketing company with financial services technology and that provides consumers with free content, credit information, and financial insights, connects consumers with financial institutions and helps users achieve financial goals and well-being.
Our data-driven algorithmic platform analyzes information on users' spend and reward preferences, and credit card features and loyalty programs, to optimize consumer payment choices to maximize rewards, minimize fees and interest, and improve cash flow across web and mobile consumer solutions.
We power CreditCards.com, a leading online credit card marketplace, and a number of other great brands such as Wallaby Financial, and Bankrate, Inc.
We power credit card information for major brands through our API and data enterprise product suite.
Creditcards.com is located in Austin, TX and is a subsidiary of Red Ventures, Inc. located in Fort Mill, SC.
- A small, agile software development team environment
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) with employer contributions
- Snacks, drinks, foosball, and more