Front End Engineer at Outdoor Voices
We are looking for a Front End Engineer to join our technology team and make our digital experiences best-in-class as we build out the next great activewear brand together. The right candidate is a versatile engineer, able to jump into a team environment, and make an immediate impact while also being able to autonomously lead initiatives and drive them to completion. S/he has the ability to work across desktop and mobile, and have the attention to detail to create incredible digital user experiences.
- Ship beautiful and functional products for our customers
- Focus primarily on our eCommerce website
- Independently own feature delivery through completion
- Work directly with a design/creative team to build out experiences that differentiate OV from competitors in our space.
- Improve code quality and engineering best practices
- Work cross-functionally across business to deliver best in class experiences
- Work within an existing codebase, identify areas for improvement, and implement those improvements.
- Lead initiatives and report out status
- Bachelor's degree in CS or a related technical field
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Understanding of software development life cycles to lead by example in planning and estimating out tasks for projects
- Excited about Progressive Web Apps
- Knowledge of automation/deployment best practices, and capable of building out a continuous deployment workflow
- Agile and excited to work in a start-up environment
- Ability to break down and estimate complex problems
- Ability to deliver high quality projects end to end, getting completed projects across the finish line
- Familiar with building, launching, and supporting products that are used globally
- A testing mindset and familiarity with testing strategies
- Python &/or Django experience a plus