Front End Engineer at Studio X
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts, and investors. Our venture creates a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
Backed by a Fortune 500 conglomerate with deep ties to this industry, this venture is uniquely positioned to disrupt a multi-billion-dollar geo-exploration services industry. Through the application of cutting-edge technology, product advantages and deep market relationships, we will provide a smart digital experience.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who is passionate about building scalable applications. This role will work closely with our product and design teams to build world-class experiences solving unique problems in the Geoscience and Data Science spaces. To be successful in this role, you must be passionate about entrepreneurship and highly skilled at finding problems and implementing solutions to improve the product.
If you are ready to work with and continually optimize a suite of products that directly impacts Geoscience exploration, we would love to talk with you.
What You'll Do:
- Build responsive, mobile-friendly, and beautiful web applications and software products.
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, UI/UX experts, and fellow engineers.
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and performance code base
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team
What You'll Bring:
- Experience with performance optimization techniques
- Experience integrating with REST APIs and building CRUD applications around them
- Extensive experience with (Docker, docker-compose) Kubernetes a plus
- Experience with AWS (EC2, Autoscaling, Lambda, IAM, S3, SQS, RDS, EKS/ECS) is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD Gitlab and automation is a plus
- Strong consensus-building communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile and lean software development, test-driven development (TDD), unit-integration and regression testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc…)
- Entrepreneurial / Startup experience is a big plus
- UX / UI design experience is a plus
- 2+ years of experience with React framework or years experience with modern JS
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a STEM field, or equivalent practical experience.
Time Commitment / Travel Requirements
- Startup hours, which includes some nights/weekends