Favor’s mission is ‘Anything Delivered’. Our engineers make high-touch logistics happen. The Favor technology platform is the engine behind the business enabling millions of Favors. Our technology efficiently manages the real-time assignment of Runners to Favors, facilitates communication between customers, Runners, and support, keeps thousands of customer and Runner mobile applications in sync, and more.
Do you get a thrill when you make an impact on hundreds of thousands of users? Do you want to work for a purpose and value driven company in a high growth environment? Our engineers create the tools and applications necessary to connect our customers, Runners, merchants, and support teams. As a Senior Software Engineer at Favor you will be responsible for all phases of development, testing, and deployment of our web applications. You will work closely with our product and operations teams to understand customer needs, build simple solutions to complex problems, and deliver delightful experiences to all our users.
At Favor, we are committed to building a world class team that shares a passion for modern, clean code and products that make a difference. We need engineers like you to help us achieve our mission of ‘Anything Delivered’.
- Assist in research and fact finding to develop or modify applications.
- Fix bugs and perform updates to the code base while working closely with team members across Product, Design, and Engineering.
- Participate in the planning and execution of development projects.
- Partner with cross-functional technology teams to integrate solutions.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A related degree or comparable formal training, certification, or work experience.
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Experience in a high-growth startup is a plus.
- Can design and build technical solutions without direct oversight.
- Knowledge of coding patterns and their applicable uses to write performant, testable code. uses data structures and algorithms to solve problems.
- Ability to write tests that cover most common use cases and code paths.
- Ability to use design patterns to design efficient, maintainable, and scalable features.
- Ability to read through code and identify areas that may lead to bugs.
- Ability to identify and communicate potential issues early and significantly contribute to team discussions.
- Understands the performance impact of queries and can generate complex data structures.
- Appreciate simple design.
- Love to write clean, well-tested code - test first or TDD approaches a plus.
- Enjoy working with other engineers in a collaborative and iterative environment.
- Communicate well with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Likes mentoring junior engineers and helps organize squad members around project goals.
At Favor, we believe that to Run Texas, we need to represent Texas. By putting Community First, we honor the diversity of our backgrounds and experiences through sharing our unique voices. Our community grows when we challenge ourselves to learn and see the world from another’s view. We are committed to growing a team with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description