Front-end Software Developer (mid-level)
At Modernize Home Services (a QuinStreet vertical) our mission is to simplify home improvement by inspiring motivated homeowners and connecting them with qualified contractors. Our foundation is based on 10 years as a driving force as Home Improvement Leads in online lead generation – connecting homeowners with high–quality contractors – in the $300 billion annually grossing home improvement market. We’re working hard on a new brand and new products to cater to homeowners and the most successful contractors in the industry.
We’re looking for sharp, motivated individuals to join our growing team. Teammates who enjoy using technology to solve problems will thrive in our dynamic startup environment. We have an open floor plan that encourages the entire team to participate in critical discussions and allows everyone to be a vital contributing factor. You’ll enjoy our hip, newly renovated office in the heart of downtown with a view of the capital and the downtown skyline.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: As a company, we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and will continue to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Modernize Home Services is looking for a self-motivated and critical thinking Front End Developer. In this role you will research, design, build, test, deploy, and maintain web applications and microsites. Your knowledge of web development and user experience combined with programming skills will be put to the test as you build out websites that optimize the experience of millions of online users. Working in a tight-knit team environment, you will participate in design discussions, code reviews, sprint planning, and deployments. We are seeking applicants that have a passion for front end development and a desire to learn and grow quickly.
The Modernize Home Services work environment is very dynamic and requires a person who is comfortable operating at a fast pace, who will proactively collaborate with multiple teams and outside partners while driving results and executional excellence. We are looking for someone to lend their experience to grow the team.
- Develop highly functional, responsive websites based on mockups, wireframes, design artifacts, product and technical requirements
- Assist in translating business requirements into software designs, implementation schedules, and deployment strategies.
- Build websites with an eye on usability, conversion, and attention to detail.
- Build CSS that enables as many devices and resolutions as possible while maintaining minimum load times.
- Participate in the refinement and ideation of user interface A/B tests.
- Define new features that ensure a high performing and scalable user experience for both mobile and desktop users.
- Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation, and feature implementation.
- Participate in sprint planning by understanding the effort, risk, and priority of remaining work committed for each release.
- Perform peer code reviews and collaborate with the team to improve overall code quality.
- Contribute ideas for continually improving the team's productivity, release quality, and job enjoyment.
- 2+ years using ReactJS
- Solid grasp of best practices for front end development.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and translate complex information to internal teams.
- Experience with performance profiling for page load speed and optimization techniques.
- Experience with CMS platforms like WordPress.
- (Nice to Have) Understanding of front end build processes including gulp and Webpack.
- (Nice to Have) Experience with SQL and databases.
- (Nice to Have) Experience with Agile Scrum.
- (Nice to Have) Experience with, JQuery and consuming API’s from the front end.
- Loves to solve problems
- Motivated, driven, and works well autonomously
- Always researching a better, more efficient way to fix something
Modernize Home Services (a QuinStreet vertical) is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.