Front End Software Engineer
We expect successful people to manage themselves and drive the results that impact our larger goals. We will hold you accountable to the work you do and the results you drive. Here are some things we want you to impact.
- Writing maintainable code that is flexible, elegant, and powerful.
- Delighting customers with a User Experience that is a joy to use.
- Building software solutions that can be monitored and analyzed to understand end-user pain points and then optimized.
- Increasing the objective quality of new and existing software systems.
- Sharing technical knowledge and promoting technical excellence throughout the department.
- Contributing to projects and tooling that impact all software teams.
How we behave within our Mantra is critical to our ability to be successful as a team. Here are a few other behaviors we need you to bring to the table.
- Continuous improvement of established processes.
- Commitment to lifelong learning and a desire to harness benefits of new technology.
- Focus on team successes
- Never Satisfied with the Status Quo
- Make Spreetail better every day – support, collaborate, celebrate, and grow with everyone at Spreetail
- Optimize delivery of front-end resources.
- Create reusable components and tools shared by the entire team (or maybe the world!)
- Collaborate with back-end developers to define interactions between server and browser.
- Pursue continuous improvements to code quality and execution
- Version Control (Git)
- User-Story mapping
- Software Design (Architecture, Component-Level, Abstraction, Encapsulation)
- Concise Technical Writing
- Collaboration and translation of technical concepts for a non-technical audience.
- Agile Software Development
- Strong understanding of day to day programming
- Can independently create robust solutions at a component level
- Previous Software Development Experience in a team setting preferred
- Personal Development (Personal Projects, Side-Work, Blogging, Technical Books or Articles) preferred
We will reward you with...
- Stock appreciation rights
- Leadership development opportunties
- Untracked time off
- Group health insurance
- Yearly company trip
- Regular company-funded events and activities
- Dollar-for-dollar donation match
- Home purchase bonus after 2 years of employment
- Island getaway after 3 years of employment
- 10-day sabbatical after 5 years of employment