Front End Software Engineer
Based in the Bohemian Cowboy capital of the world, Austin, Texas, Literati is a new kind of bookseller. Our mission is simple: to make parents and children love reading together by building a community that sparkles with life, curiosity, and imagination. We have more investors than employees, so if you’re a team player, an expert with a beginner’s mind, a rainmaker, or have a hint of alchemy up your sleeve, then we definitely want to talk with you!
Literati is looking for an exceptional individual to join our engineering team as a Front End Software Engineer. The right person for this role will be motivated to combine the art of design with the art of building elegant code. This includes the translation of UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements for the applications you are working on. You will work closely with the UX team to bridge the gap between design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks & feels as well as how it works.
What you'll do...
- Develop new user-facing features
- Work closely with the UX teams to ensure the technical feasibility of UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Work closely with the Back-End team to assure that all user input is validated before submitting
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders across the company
Who you are...
- Someone who gets things done
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where decisions are made on the fly
- You’re willing to get gritty & roll up sleeves
- A Talented Juggler
- You successfully manage competing priorities, and you make it look easy
- A team player who has worked on diverse teams and knows how to communicate effectively
What you'll need...
- BS in Computer Science or similar field
- Familiarity with React and compiled CSS
- Strong preference for simplicity in design both visually and in code
- 5-7 years building production-grade reactive web applications
Literati is dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We believe in the power of literature as a transformative form of technology that helps us see, and reflect upon, our common humanity. A great workplace should do the same—see, reflect, and celebrate the experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent of a diverse array of people. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, neurological and physical ability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Read Full Job Description