Coder is looking for a front-end software engineer to join our growing team. We have an amazing core technology that customers are dying to have, and we need to build the features that lets them use it. That’s where you come in.
You'll be the third front end software engineer on the team. You'll work with backend engineers and independently to design and implement the UI features for developers and administrators of the Coder Enterprise product. You may also work on the open source code-server project, depending on interest and need.
- You have significant experience with front-end technologies. We use React and TypeScript, but we’re happy if you’ve used different but similar technologies
- You care deeply about your craft. We build to last. Our customers deploy our software on-premises, so we want to make sure we get things right the first time. And we’re going to build a SaaS product, so automated testing will be essential for continuous delivery.
- You’ve worked as a software engineer for at least five years (including relevant internships)
- You want to work in a startup where your job isn’t just writing code but helping make the whole company successful
- You want to have major impact and grow as a professional in an opportunity-rich, supportive environment
While definitely not necessary, we’ll be even more excited about you if you have:
- Know the Go programming language
- Have worked on enterprise applications, developer tools, or on-premises software
- Like connecting directly with customers
- Have experience with infrastructure technologies like Kubernetes, Nomad, and EC2
- Computer Science degree
- Web-based portfolio or resume
Coder is building the future of software engineering. Almost every software application has moved to the cloud to take advantage of more resources, faster updates, and portability across devices, but the tools we use to build those applications are still stuck in the boxes under your desk or on your lap. Coder aims to change all that.
With Coder, you can use the same development workspace from a desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone. You have consistent and predictable environments, so there’s no more “it works on my machine” because it works on every machine. You can take advantage of powerful cloud servers, so you no longer have to choose between a powerful but immobile desktop or a portable but less capable laptop. You spend less time waiting and tearing your hair out and more time writing and shipping your software.
Coder has raised major backing from high-quality investors. We have amazing interest from prospective customers. The product we’re building has the potential to be used by everyone doing software development all around the world.
We are looking for excellent builders who are excited about the startup experience, passionate about productivity and flow, and eager to take on new challenges and grow with few limits. We want to build a product and a company to last. Part of our culture is a warm, friendly, and supportive environment.
Coder is headquartered in sunny and lively Austin, Texas, but we work from anywhere in the United States and Canada. We provide superb benefits so that you can stay in flow with your focus on your work without worries.
We believe that the interview process should be consistent and enjoyable. We prefer to have the entire process take no more than 3 full weeks. During these 3 weeks you will be able to meet a mix of individual contributors, managers, and one of our Co-Founders. If you interview for a position that requires a take home assessment, we will compensate you for your work and time spent.
We are an Equal Opportunity EmployerAll qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description